Roger Clemens

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hawgpharm, Feb 15, 2008.

1. hawgpharm

hawgpharm Well-Known Member

East End
    anyone been keeping up with his hearings on steroid and/or HGH use? either he or mcnamee is not telling the truth, and my impression is both of them are not telling the truth to some extent. as bad as mcnamee looked, clemens looked worse to me. he is saying his wife was taking the hgh and he did not know about it???

2. possum

possum Well-Known Member

Petite burned him good in my opinion. Did he use them? In my opinion....Yes. Is he the only one? No. But to get the most bang for your buck you go after the big names.

Does Congress have issues they should be handling that's more important to this country than steroid use in baseball? Again in my opinion....Yes.

3. JR

JR Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br

I agree with you 100%. Especially about Congress. If they don't have anything else important to do they could start by solving the problems with illegal immigration, or any other subject that is more important than this. Let baseball, football, horse racing, and any other sport solve their own problems, I think that the U.S. Congress has more important things to do than meddle in this crap. :rolleyes:

4. Gruntcall

Gruntcall Well-Known Member

I love the Rocket, closest thing to a football player in modern baseball. A throwback really. What a son of a gun to have to face. Throw it 100 mph just under your chin to move you back, and then stretch the strike zone with low and away.

I don't care if he took the juice or HGH, or if he %*^#@ Ashley Judd. Good for him if he did.

I do care about congressional hearings for pro sports, which seems like a waste of tax payers money. What a mess...:censored: :smack:

5. Gary R

Gary R Well-Known Member

Tired of the whole mess. The owners knew they were doing it, but as long as they were making money, they weren't gonna say anything. As long as the players were getting the big contracts, the union wasn't gonna do anything. Cancel the season. By the time the World Series rolls around, it is bow season. If you are gonna wait for something, might as well wait for something worthwhile.

6. Z-man

Z-man Guest

7. Gruntcall

Gruntcall Well-Known Member

Update:

Federal authorities investigating Roger Clemens on perjury charges have found performance-enhancing substances on the drug paraphernalia that his former trainer said he used to inject Clemens, according to people briefed on the case.

The discovery of the substances could bolster the claims of the trainer, Brian McNamee, that he used the various items — including syringes, vials and gauze pads — to inject Clemens with steroids and human growth hormone.

In February, it was disclosed that federal prosecutors had linked Clemens’s DNA to blood residue in at least one of the syringes that McNamee handed over to authorities. Clemens has not denied that McNamee injected him, but he has maintained that the substances McNamee used were Vitamin B12 and the painkiller lidocaine.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/10/sports/baseball/10clemens.html?_r=1&ref=baseball

Looks like he may face perjury charges now. :banghead:

8. bigmac7825

bigmac7825 Well-Known Member

I am so sick of the steroid crap! Most of the guys who allegedly used the stuff was awesome before they were allegedly taking them. Except for Barry Bonds. They can't make you make contact with a baseball and everyone knows that even the skinniest guys can knock the crap out of the ball. Its all about bat speed. Congress needs to stick with politics and leave sports alone. I don't know about you guys but im tired of helping pay for these senseless hearings.