Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,584 Posts
I like the hanging bag better.....hang it from a limb and break up the ground underneath as the rain or dew falls it will drip into the ground...sometimes I'll add leftover pears and peeling from my wife's preserves.:wink:

· Registered
1,935 Posts
Just dump it out in a hole and pour water on it and you are done they will dig the hole out big time.........:up:..they prefer regular table salt that has iodine in it.........:whistle:

I have them dig my thorn tree stumps up for me..........:clap:

· Registered
3,390 Posts
I like the hanging bag better.....hang it from a limb and break up the ground underneath as the rain or dew falls it will drip into the ground...sometimes I'll add leftover pears and peeling from my wife's preserves.:wink:
I have herd you post this before but I never asked do you just get a cotton bag put salt in and trow in fruit? and my real question doesn't fruit spoil? or does it have no effect :confused:

· Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,584 Posts
I have herd you post this before but I never asked do you just get a cotton bag put salt in and trow in fruit? and my real question doesn't fruit spoil? or does it have no effect :confused:
It works best with a to-sack...burlap. I think the best way is to put the fruit in[cut in half then the salt] and shake around...the combination of salt and fruit smell/sugar weep out together....I always suspend it from a cheap plastic coated clothesline[walmart]between two trees so raccoons cant reach it by climbing. So far it has worked very well. The salt/cottonseed meal mix from the co-op also has it's benefits over rock salt.:up: If you can't find burlap, then the white mesh feed sacks work for about a years then the sack will bio-degrade anf fall to the ground, but by then the lick will be established! Just remove the rotten sack from the area!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.