Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Good riddance!
The NWTF just seems to find more ways to frustrate me every year.
I noticed at this year's banquet, only about 2 of the probably 30 prints had anything to do with turkeys.
People always give me an odd look when I tell them " There's a lot of money to be made in non-profit," and Rob Keck exemplifies that to a T!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I've had 2 conversations with Carl Brown. Neither were pleasant nor did I feel he was trying to help.
Got a couple of Keck stories and all i can say is ARROGANT!
Quit the federation 2 yrs ago, do things for the birds on my own and haven't looked back. Plus, 100% of the money is used where I want it and 60% does not stay with Keck.
Trouble has been brewing for a while with the NWTF, maybe now it is on the road to recovery. I may become a memeber again but Steve Cole has to be gone also!!

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Funny the discrepencies with different websites. I saw this this morning on Archery Talk and everyone was praising all three and saying how all of us owe a huge thank you to Keck. I'm indifferent either way. I don't know enough about any of them to comment negative or positive and I've never been a member of the NWTF. I do think however it shows loyalty to give up the kind of money and power you know he had with that positions because he felt they wronged his buddies.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Not so sure he gave up the money and power for his budies.
Friends from South carolina said he was given 2 options, resign or be fired!

·
Banned
6,919 Posts
I was a Chapter President for a while, and had dealings with all of these guys. I thought Carl Brown was a good guy. Never did like Keck though. He is so full of himself its pathetic.

The NWTF is just like DU. Money hungry to the point of aggravation.

Thanks to Mr. Keck, my opinion of the NWTF is very low.
As for Mr. Cole, well, he is a money man for the NWTF, and he does a good job at what "they" want him to do. Which is why I dont like the NWTF.

Get Steve away from the "business" of the NWTF, and he is a good Ol boy, and I would call him a friend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts