Roadkill you don't see everyday in swa

Discussion in 'General Hunting Topics' started by mr4pt, Aug 11, 2017 at 5:44 PM.

1. curdog1

curdog1 Well-Known Member

harrison
    Yes sir! I bet the driver was very shook up!

2. Bologna Budget

Bologna Budget Well-Known Member

Saw a small otter ran over Saturday.

3. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

Otters are strange to see dead on the road.

I see a lot strange people doing strange this at night on the road, the other morning some shirtless fella was sitting on the shoulder between Botkinburg and Denard smoking a cigarette and starring into a field. Mind you this was 5 in the morning so it was still dark.

4. curdog1

harrison
    What's weird about that?

5. 7 point

There wasn't a car or a house around for a few miles

6. curdog1

harrison
    Lol. I bet he was thinkin it was weird to see a FedEx truck at 5 a.m.

7. 7 point

I'd imagine so

8. tmeredith

tmeredith Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord

Sounds like my ex neighbor. He ised to sit out back of his trailer on some scaffolds with his sun glasses on and just sit and stair at the back wall of his trailer. He too smoked alot of "cigarettes". I think that had alot to do with the stairing.

alexramsey and 7 point like this.
  9. k9trapper

k9trapper Active Member

I wish it was coyotes.

10. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Probably the closest I've ever come to hitting someone was several years ago when I was headed to LR about 5AM. I was going south on 67 and coming up on the Red River bridge at Searcy. There was a guy dressed in all black walking down the center of the bridge. I missed him by inches. Called 911 and reported it. Don't know if they ever found him.

11. claytonsdad

claytonsdad Well-Known Member

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but I know a guy who ran over and killed a man one night on his way home. The guy was dressed all in black and walked out in front of the car at the last second. Taking all the evidence into account, it was ruled a suicide. The guy who hit him is still haunted by it. Really a sad situation.

12. alexramsey

alexramsey New Member

Texas
    sadly. that is a racoon?

13. mikebri

mikebri Well-Known Member

Otters are a nuisance animal mostly. They do travel to find water to live.

14. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member

I see otters several times a year in Millwood, where as a beaver has become a rarity. I think the otters are quick and agile enough to escape most of the alligator attacks and most of the beavers have become gator bait, along with most of the nutrias.

15. docw

docw Member

Saw huge roadkill otter a few years back on hwy 27 at Littlt Missouri bridge. Took it home to show family and get a piece of fur for fly tying. He was about 5 ft. Long and must have weighed nearly 50 lbs. Had a hard time swinging him into pickup bed. Another roadkill (small one) same area last month.. I see them on Greeson frequently. They are hell on the put and take trout below the damn.

16. MO HUNTER

MO HUNTER Well-Known Member

NWA
    Did everyone just pass this up....Curdog...nothing?

17. JR1

JR1 Well-Known Member

Low hanging fruit.

Does remind me off Foxworthy and the story of the guy who had a beaver bite his nipple off. O F F off.

He said, "It's the only time in history the words beaver and nipple were on the front page of the paper and no one got upset."

18. MO HUNTER

MO HUNTER Well-Known Member

NWA
    JR1...maybe the members are maturing!

19. Thenarwhal

Thenarwhal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know it was a softball but I really expected someone to swing at it. Hard to imagine the phrase "high centered on a beaver not getting a response."

20. curdog1

harrison
    I'm to scared to swing at much. Last vacation was 30 days.