Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hunted last Sunday and this past Friday over at the lake at Mt. Ida,all morning both days you could hear vehicles running up and down the road stoppin and blowing calls.Is this kinda huntin productive?It's no wonder when you try to sweet talk a gobbler he goes the other way quick,those turkeys over there have been called at so much they bad educated.It ought to make for some aged gobblers!Maybe when gas is 5 or 6 dollars a gallon some of the road runnin will ease a bit.Turkeys sure work better on private land where all this callin dont take place.

·
Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner
1,137 Posts
i agree with you somewhat, but i have killed several turkeys by this method. when the turkeys stop gobbling i go to walking areas and calling. if that is unproductive i start driving and calling because you can cover a lot of ground. i do however keep driving down the road a ways if i see a truck parked. its not a bad way of hunting if you don't shoot them out of the truck. not all people that do this way of hunting does it fairly to other hunters, but not all of them are bad either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.