Road conditions now-and closings on Tuesday

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by mossburger, Jan 10, 2011.

1. mossburger

mossburger Well-Known Member

I am in Saline County about 25 minutes south of LR. We probably got 7 inches of snow.

I had to go to the pharmacy to get my son some medicine. The roads are brutal with ice under the snow-and 4 wheelers and a few cars on the road.

There are no snow plows/salt trucks out here.

With temperatures staying at or below 32 today and tomorrow-i dont see how businesses and schools will be open tomorrow.

How are the roads where you are ? Do you see more closings on tuesday ?:head:

Got dressed and was heading to the woods and turned back around and went home-roads were just too bad. :doh:

2. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

I had to get out earlier and get my little girl some medicine, too. Hwy 60 West to Perryville was a solid sheet of ice. People were driving way too fast for the conditions, as usual. I would just pull over and let them go around me.....Morons.

The thermometer here is showing 33.7 degrees. There's a slight bit of melting starting to take place, but the roads will still be very dangerous in the morning.

3. M1Tommy

M1Tommy Well-Known Member

The roads around east Hot Springs are Slushy. I hope it gets beat off the roads or drains, because it may well freeze solid tonight. It seems to be melting from the bottom up.... as the ground was never hard-frozen.

Lakeside Schools have already made the Robo-phone-calls to allunce school closed for Tuesday.

And I was looking at a Jeep Patriot..... :rolleyes:

Tommy

4. jsilver919

jsilver919 Well-Known Member

Hwy 107 running from Vilonia through the back side of jacksonville, gravel ridge, sherwood is still pretty rough...its melting fast but when it refreezes its gonna be bad

5. odocoi

odocoi Well-Known Member

clearing up around searcy. How are they around North Little rock and along 440? Gonna have to work the late shift tonight and figure they'll get worse tonight.