Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Grand Member
10,330 Posts
Either a 3 or 5 inch Kalin Grub, bottom bounce it or slow swim it on a light, 1/16 to 1/8 oz. jig head on 6 or 8 lb. line. I might go as heavy as 1/4 oz if there's a lot of current. Usually use the 5 inch grub, with a 1/16 oz. head, the most. A Rapala or Rouge type jerk bait would be my second choice.

The old timers, who used to catch the big ones up in the river above Greers Ferry, used live bait, 4 to 6 inch bream, at night.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Check out the river during the day and find a nice deep hole. Come back at night and throw either a blueback or clown Rattling Rogue and drag it back slowly. I use the 3 treble hook size and use the medium bill in 6-8 feet of water and the long bill if the hole is over 10-feet deep. If the area is one of those popular places where it's shoulder-to-shoulder, start fishing at one in the morning to avoid the riffraff.

Cheers.....

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
What's parts of the river are the walleye? Are they as far south as terry lock and dam or pine bluff?
I have been told that walleye and or sauger will run below the dams around LR. I work with a guy who lives just a mile or two from David terry and he says he has caught them before. I try to get as many of his secrets about the river as I can lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts