Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
It changes from time to time
6,011 Posts
What differance would that make with a .22 at say 25 yards
Almost none. Most of us have swapped centerfire rifle scopes over to our .22s when we upgraded our deer rifles for years & years.

There might be a semi-valid competitive target shooting application for a formal .22 scope, but you will not notice a nickel's worth of difference in the field.

·
Premium Member
Commish Weld
22,877 Posts
I have a leupold VX1 compact 2x7 on one of my 22 rifles and a Tru glow crossbow scope on the other. Both do a good job for me. Where I hunt it is very rare that I could even see through the woods over 50 yards. I don't see very well to begin with!

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Ususlly a rimfire scope has a closer parallax setting and some have finer crosshairs. They are usually lighter and more compact.
On my good 22 I have a weaver 3 to 9 AO rimfire scope. It probably cost more than it should have for what it is but I like it very much.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If using it for hunting you wont be able to tell either way getting the correct magnification power for your intended use is more important. Im getting a nikon rimfire to put on my new cz 452 when it comes in because it's great glass for the price.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
A little explanation about parallax might be in order. You'll notice parallax error with your rifle on a steady rest. When you move your head around your reticle will appear to move slightly in relation to your point of aim. Many people with adjustable objective scopes use their parallax adjustment to focus the reticle. That is what the eye piece is for. If the reticle is sharp but parallax is off the target will move slightly in relation to the retilce unless the head is held in exactly the same place every time. This can induce sighting errors.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Parallax isn't important unless you want accuracy. I almost sold a fine rifle due to parallax issues. My patterns looked like a shotgun blast due to parallax issues caused by an inconsistent cheek weld and my scope/mount combo.

A knowledgeable shop owner kept me from making a mistake. A parallax adjustable scope put me back to making head shots on bushy tails.

·
Registered
It changes from time to time
6,011 Posts
If using it for hunting you wont be able to tell either way getting the correct magnification power for your intended use is more important. Im getting a nikon rimfire to put on my new cz 452 when it comes in because it's great glass for the price.
I bought one of those as a gift for a family member and hated to give it up. It's hard to beat a trim, clear, 4X on a .22.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.