Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Grand Member
16,532 Posts
My Dad always hunted with an old Marlin lever action in .35 Rem. he'd just about quit hunting when he finally admitted he couldn't see the sights and the kick from the .35 was uncomfortable to him. I gave him my Ruger mini-14 with a 2 X 7 scope on it and when I showed him how to work it and he shot it it had the 5 shot clip in it. I reloaded the clip
a few times for him to shoot and after he'd shot it a few times and went to my truck and got out an other clip and gave him, he looked at it and asked what it held, I told him 20. His eyes sparkled and he dropped the 5 shot out and slapped the 20 in and with a big grin he allowed he was ready to go. He never shot anything with it, but I always wished he'd got to run through a clip on a coyote or deer.
His health got bad right after that and he couldn't hunt anymore, but he was locked and loaded there for one season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.