Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Member<br>2008 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through the pics and I see alot of people feeding rice bran.Where can you buy this stuff at and is it cheaper than $8 a bag like corn is?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Rice Bran

I like the stuff but don't recoment putting a lot out at once if it gets rained on it will mold and stink up your area and the deer won't eat it also in some areas I have found that the deer did not eat it so if you want to try start with a little. Coons and possums love it.

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
I've been able to find it in pretty much every feed store I've been in recently. I haven't bought any cause I'm feedin 12% pellets and 10% sweet feed. I would suggest if you start feeding it, mix it with corn or something you've been feeding and then slowing make the move to straight rice bran if that's your intentions. I would also recommend feeding it in a trough with a top on it big enough to protect it from the weather because like turkey pond bucks said....You don't want it getting wet.

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts
I havn't priced it this year so I have no idea. It's usually a pretty big difference. Rice bran used to be really,really cheap before everyone started to buy to feed deer.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I haven't bought any in a while but the last 1,600 lb. bulk bag I bought was $ 40.00 but that was before the secret got out and everybody started using it. The price went straight up and that's when I quit using it.

·
Member<br>2008 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that is a little high exp when you put another $75 with that and get a bulk bag of corn i have a few places to call around wynne ar and i will let ya know what i found out

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sounds good, Thanks. I found another feed store in Cherry Valley, but they only do bulk (no bags). They are $90 a ton. Not too bad if a guy had a way to haul it and store it. Then again that is also a lot farther from me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.