Rice bran feeders??

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by quackpipe08, Sep 19, 2010.

1. quackpipe08

quackpipe08 Well-Known Member

I was jus wonderin if anyone had any home made rice bran feeders out there and if so can you let me in on how you made it...thanks a bunch guys.

2. MollyWhop

MollyWhop Well-Known Member

Cattle feeders. Keep it dry. They will eat if it gets wet but best served dry..

3. bigmac7825

bigmac7825 Well-Known Member

Im making one now out of the lid of my old smoker. Just gotta get the roof on it.

4. Challenger

Challenger Well-Known Member

55 Gal barrel with a 4' Y in the bottom.

5. Hud_AthensArcher

Hud_AthensArcher Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner

Made this out of some scrap wood and old piece of tin I had laying around the house. I just put it out this weekend and it is the first time this year I have put rice bran out and the first time in a couple years that I put it out. I got my camera over it and the corn feeder right next to it because I wanted to see which one they liked the best. It took 6 2x4's, plywood - I think the tub is 24"x32"x6" just some old scrap pieces I had laying around, and 8'x3' piece of tin cut in half. The bottom of the pan is I think 24" off the ground or maybe that was to the top rim. I can't remember, I had a few beers while building it, but anyway here it is. The buffet line is open for the deer!!! Oh, and it is 6' tall to the tin.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  6. Mule659

Mule659 Well-Known Member

That should do the trick :thumb:

7. pirogue

pirogue Well-Known Member

How do you keep the 55 gallon barrel from falling through a four foot wye?