Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This club is located on wrape plantation road and adjoins bayou meta. the lease is 1600 acres. It has I believe 2 rice fields and 2 soybean fields and a slough to duck hunt. i has winter wheat fields for the deer to come out into for deer hunting. Some fields are all day hunting and some fields are morning only hunting. There is a guest policy, one time per week so that the farm is not over crowded. the number of people in the lease is 10. Right now we are seeking 2 people. I can say I hunted it for the first time last year and shot ducks every time I went except twice. I went over dozen times. The fields are rotated every year in crops. There are no permanent blinds on the place. most of the guys use lay out blinds that they bring in/out. There is a place for campers. one fellow pays the electric bill and who ever uses the pole shares the electric bill with him. I don't know what that costs b/c I drive back and forth. The price is 2000.00 a year.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Ah, I'm waiting for a reply from Suzie or Hammy to see if they can translate it.

P.S. C'mon H-bone! one more post and you hit 800, only 19,000+ fewer than Comrade Stiles. At this rate, you will hit 1000 before you 40th birthday.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Some of us have more important things to do during the day other than figuring out how to translate English into German there David.

800 posts. Almost 5 years exactly....well give or take a couple of weeks.

I would like to know if that is the farm or not. Know quite a bit about that place. If they killed ducks in that slough its the first time in 12 years they did so. I still think big deer hang out in that little patch of woods North of Sheppards farm shop. The little bitty patch with the cemetary in it. And I do know when they leave the beans in the field against BM John Sheppard would kill more than his fair share of deer. That was before they started leasing that farm though.

Got like 6 weeks (or something like that) of gun deer season down there which is a plus for some. Too long in my opinion, but some big deer down there if you can pattern them, or they don't get poached.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Yes, I think that is the farm in question. Remember that stand John Sheppard had to the West of our 40 acre field??? That where he killed all those deer. I think you hunted it once.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yep, it is the shepard farm. sorry took so long to get back. The guest is one per week and one per weekend to keep from having a jillion people there. What forty acre block you guys talking about, ya'll know more than I do LOL. I tried to bow hunt last year and managed a late season deer. I will look into the cemetary for a stand. Any of you guys hunting by that farm?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
yep, it is the shepard farm. sorry took so long to get back. The guest is one per week and one per weekend to keep from having a jillion people there. What forty acre block you guys talking about, ya'll know more than I do LOL. I tried to bow hunt last year and managed a late season deer. I will look into the cemetary for a stand. Any of you guys hunting by that farm?
I don't know if there is a stand in the cemetary woods (you wouldn't know there is a cemetary in the woods unless you look at a quad sheet, its not marked), Hambone might know. We just used to watch the deer come out of there at times.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Some of us have more important things to do during the day other than figuring out how to translate English into German there David.

800 posts. Almost 5 years exactly....well give or take a couple of weeks.

I would like to know if that is the farm or not. Know quite a bit about that place. If they killed ducks in that slough its the first time in 12 years they did so. I still think big deer hang out in that little patch of woods North of Sheppards farm shop. The little bitty patch with the cemetary in it. And I do know when they leave the beans in the field against BM John Sheppard would kill more than his fair share of deer. That was before they started leasing that farm though.

Got like 6 weeks (or something like that) of gun deer season down there which is a plus for some. Too long in my opinion, but some big deer down there if you can pattern them, or they don't get poached.

that was german to english....some of us have better things to do during the day than be a total prickly pear.

if it was an inside thing you guys might want to figure out how to pm

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
It is an inside thing.....I don't want to PM, and HE took the TIME to translate the ENGLISH words into GERMAN for his post. You might want to figure out how not to worry about things that don't concern you.....how else would I know his name, and how else would he know so much about what we are talking about if I did not know him.

Just for future reference SusieKiller is my brother, and Quackmaster is my best friend.

Arkansasbowhunter,

The farm shop across from where you guys put the campers leads to the little patch of woods I am talking about. The road in front of it or to the south of the patch is Kotchel Road. I don't think it is something you want to hunt all the time, but I have seen big deer coming and going from it especially before they cut the beans. Its real thick in there and makes great middle of the day cover. Also, you can walk through there and see old headstones. I think it was possibly an old slave cemetary. Some of the dates are real old. There are not many of them maybe 6 to 10, but its the reason those trees are there.

We used to own the property to the North (of ya'lls camper spot). You access it off of Wrape Road. The driveway is just to the left after the first bridge on Wrape Road (like you were going up to the Wrape Plantation). You can see Guy Kotchels house to the right on the Little Bayou.

The 40 acre field we owned is to the West of the property. There used to be a deer stand way back in the North East corner of one of the fields you guys lease. If you were standing on Kotchel Road at the slough you are talking about and looking back to the NE you could see it. It is surrounded by BM woods to the East and to the North. Good deer in those woods, hogs as well. If you walk north through those woods till you get to the Little Bayou its like having your own set of woods. If you go East till you hit the levee that is where our old property starts. If I could figure out how to post a pic I would send you a pitcture of a deer we chased for 2 years.

Like I said before if you can figure the deer out there are some big ones down there. Having the Buckingham section of BM there is a plus and a minus at times. Also, there is a lot of poaching down there. I shot a really good 8 point 3.5 year old one evening in that 40 acre field I mentioned (it boarders ya'lls lease) he never would turn he was standing on the levee and I could see his right side. Anyway it was getting dark, right beam was real good, and heavy. 140 class deer. I shot him he turned and fell. 224 yards later I see that his LEFT side has been shot off by a bullet right above the eyeguard. Bullet hole through his left ear. That has nothing to do with poaching, but it is still common.

If you have not already I would go by and see Bill Cheek. He guides out of the cabin right there once you turn off 88 and onto Wrape Road. If you are looking at those little grain bins its the house to the left. He is a neat guy, but don't let him on any secrets.

I know all of this in NO way helps you with your memberships, but my brother and I do know a lot about that farm and that area. If we can give you any info let us know. Just send me a PM if thats OK with wolly bugger.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Yeah those are good,but I have some of those with hard antler. Oopps is this one of those times when we should PM each other??? Send me a PM and let me know.

Arkansasbowhunter,

The camera in those pics is facing south the way a crow flies Hwy 88 is about half a mile maybe less south of those deer. Your campers are right there south of 88 if you went in almost a straight line.

If you went to the West in those pics for about 200 yards you would hit part of ya'lls lease. That bean field they are standing in is the 40 acre field we owned. I guess you can tell since I am sharing so much info that we don't hunt there anymore

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.