Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have killed as many as 5 with the same shaft. Maybe more as sometimes lose track when I reflech them. Usually take a sharpie and put a hash mark on a vane. Brodhead usually replaced or sharpened well before next use. Decent carbons are pretty durable.

·
Premium Member
28,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have killed as many as 5 with the same shaft. Maybe more as sometimes lose track when I reflech them. Usually take a sharpie and put a hash mark on a vane. Brodhead usually replaced or sharpened well before next use. Decent carbons are pretty durable.

·
Registered
34,066 Posts
If that were true then you'd never be able to shoot into a practice block without messing with the spine. Zipping through a deer and hitting maybe a rib is a lot less destructive than the sudden impact and abrupt stop of a target.
Meat and bone has different molecular structures that can damage arrow spine.

·
Premium Member
27,836 Posts
I have shot 8 deer/hogs with the same shaft and rage, chisel tip, three blade broadhead. I did change out the blades every time. The first seven were pass throughs. The eighth was a big boar hog - didnt pass through and broke shaft. Dont try that with aluminum shafts

1 - 20 of 44 Posts