Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Member<br>2008 Deerhunting Contest Team Winner
340 Posts
I have been really bummed about not getting pictures at my feeder, but the last week they have been hitting it hard. In the past 2 nights, i've gotten almost 200 pics. Several big buck i hadnt seen before as well.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I have been really bummed about not getting pictures at my feeder, but the last week they have been hitting it hard. In the past 2 nights, i've gotten almost 200 pics. Several big buck i hadnt seen before as well.
IS NIGHT TIME THE ONLY TIME YOUR SEEING THE BUCKS SHOW UP NOW ON YOUR GAME CAM ??

·
Member<br>2008 Deerhunting Contest Team Winner
340 Posts
IS NIGHT TIME THE ONLY TIME YOUR SEEING THE BUCKS SHOW UP NOW ON YOUR GAME CAM ??
Yes. Night only. On the 27th, i had a huge 11pt, two 8pts, a 7pt, and a 6pt go by between 10pm-12am. I hadn't gotten any pictures of any bucks bigger than a 5pt all year long. They all came through after a group of 3 doe's had come through.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Absolutely. In South AR they have returned to the feeders hard. They need carbs and are looking for them. Two weeks ago I had a few now and then and my food plot was nearly a foot high. Last weekend the food plot was eaten nearly to the ground, under the feeder was pawed up to just sand, and where guys were dumping corn they were eating nearly a whole 50# bag in a single night. Some were coming in early and late, but most in the dark hours.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hitting Feeder in Dennard

I have a feeder in the Dennard area and they are starting to hit it again. They did a little in the early season and then went to the acorns at the end of October. Now the ground under the feeder is all pawed up and all the corn has been gone every time I check it out. It is an auto feeder so they only get about 2lbs a day of corn and they eat every bit of it. Sorry I don't have a camera out there to know what is actually going to it. Good luck to you all!

·
Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi
9,131 Posts
They're starting to hit my feeder and food plot again too, but only at night. I havent had a daytime pic in a month. The private land where I am able to have a feeder got hunted very hard during gun season. To hard in my opinion, but its not my land and I cant complain much since I get to hunt there for free. Its seem to have made everything nocturnal. Hopefully in a couple weeks they'll calm down and I'll get some daytime activity.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
My deer seem to be nocturnal too.:banghead:

Do you think the automatic feeders are making too much noise??

I thought about using a spreader and seeding the corn.
Maybe a 1/4 acre plots around my stand.

·
Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi
9,131 Posts
Do you think the automatic feeders are making too much noise??
No, it doesnt take them long to get use to the noise from a feeder and I've actually watched feeders go off and within 10 minutes have deer under it feeding. Its just like a dinner bell to them.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
The deer in my area are just starting to get out the nocturnal thing. I think it's simply due to the hunting pressure has dropped way back. I've seen some young ones at about 4:30 but the older deer are still waiting to almost dark. All of my feeder pictures start at about 5:30 P.M.

·
Registered
13,101 Posts
I, too, have noticed deer coming to the sound of the feeders. Still a lot of acorns on the ground on our place. I filled the feeders last week end. Tell me what you think, please. Got them set for thirty minutes after sunrise and thirty before sunset. I set them for 3 seconds because of so many acorns still. Thought I would just throw out enough right now to keep them interested.

·
Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner
165 Posts
I, too, have noticed deer coming to the sound of the feeders. Still a lot of acorns on the ground on our place. I filled the feeders last week end. Tell me what you think, please. Got them set for thirty minutes after sunrise and thirty before sunset. I set them for 3 seconds because of so many acorns still. Thought I would just throw out enough right now to keep them interested.
JMO, The early one sounds good but the one right before dark should be knocked back to 3:00, That gives them the option to hit it early if they choose.... If not they will be trained to check it at dark or later. If it was me I would give them at least a 5 to 10 second run, but I don't know how many deer your feeding:head:

·
Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
632 Posts
Mornings Only

I feed mornings only.... if you gonna eat at my place it is going to be in the daylight. As long as there is not to much pressure from hunting or dogs or whatever then I get daytime movement.

·
Super Member<br>2006 Photo Contest Winner
995 Posts
The deer never really stopped hitting my feeder this year, kinda strange. They did slow down a lil bit but not entirely for about 2 weeks and the end of october beginning of november. They are once again hitting very hard now and in mid day quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I feed mornings only.... if you gonna eat at my place it is going to be in the daylight. As long as there is not to much pressure from hunting or dogs or whatever then I get daytime movement.
My feeders have been set for morning only for the entire season. I do put out rice bran topped with some c'mere deer spray on the top. They have demolished the rotten stump I put it in. Even starting to get some daytime pics of them. I am going up tomorrow to check a weeks worth of pics.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.