Repair Condenser on Truck?

Discussion in 'Vehicles, Boats, Campers, & ATVs' started by fullcredit, Feb 17, 2018.

1. fullcredit

fullcredit Super Moderator Staff Member

Bad news---2014 GMC. A local mechanic who I trust says my condenser has a hole/crack in it. Can these be repaired effectively, or is it going to require a new one? Seems to be a fairly common problem according to him.

2. outdoorjunkiebj

outdoorjunkiebj Well-Known Member

I dont know about ur '14, but my '07 had to have one. My mechanic put a aftermarket one in it, and it kept going off on high head pressure, long story short......after readin on the innerwebs, i found out that i had to go back with a OEM coil. Problem solved, i guess aftermarket one was to small.

3. truck24hr

truck24hr Super Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

Alma
    Condensers are cheap. If I paid someone to do my repairs, I'd definitely go new.

4. fullcredit

This is a VERY common problem with GM. Local mechanic’s quote was $750. After reading about this problem with a lot of GM customers, I found someone who suggested I contact the dealer and see if they would discount the price. I’ll be paying only about $300 now through the dealer. I wouldn’t have gotten this discount from the local dealer where I didn’t buy the vehicle.

5. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member

NE Ark
    Dang, and I'm in the market right now for a new truck.

6. fullcredit

No problem Mr C. You gotta spend that retirement money somewhere!

7. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member

NE Ark
    I guess if I don't my wife and her new boyfriend will spend it after I'm gone... :D

John Stiles likes this.
  8. QuailRidge

QuailRidge Well-Known Member

Spend it all before you go. He's already going to be sleeping with your wife, no need in supporting him too.

John Stiles likes this.
  9. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

There's plenty of Spanish, Oriental, even a few European immigrant women, that don't mind moving in with a well-heeled older guy! Don't put all your nuts in one cache!