I have had a few old Flambeau Canada Goose decoys for several years now, and we really do not have any Canada Geese where I hunt. They have just been sitting around in the way. This last summer I borrowed a friends store bough Specklebelly Goose decoy and took it to a local Lowe's paint department. I eyeballed some similar colors (such as the chest area), and then had them paint match the neck and bill. I took all of my paint home and started to work. I am not normally very good at this sort of thing, so my expectations were low. The second time I hunted this year I was sitting in the pit fixing breakfast and happened to look up to see a gaggle of specks coming in to my repainted decoys. I got two with two shots. That made me feel better as the decoys obviously worked. The moral of my story is, don't be afraid to try something like this, it might work out better than you thought. Here is a picture of one of them. I know it is not perfect, but hey, it does work!