Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking pretty hard at picking one of these rifles up. All the reviews that I have read have been positive. I have seen a few posts that other members have made that were happy with theirs.

If anyone can give some pro's/con's I would sure appreciate it.

I have been looking at them for a few weeks now. Usually when that happens, I talk myself into buying!!

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I have a couple of buddies that have them. They have never had any trouble out of theirs and both of them shoot 1/2 MOA with the right ammo.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
If you came here wanting somebody to talk you out of buying a new gun, you came to the wrong place!

Buy it, shoot it, enjoy it, and post the obligatory pics of it!

·
Premium Member
26,134 Posts
Do you like the 450 bushmaster? I have been wanting one to set up for hog hunting. Do you reload for it? Also what kind of range does it have?
I love mine. I don't reload. I shoot the standard hornadY 250 gr loads. I sight in 3" high at 100 and I am 5" low at 200. Killed hogs and deer at 200 - many times. It is hog gun supreme, and a dang good deer round if you are not shooting long range.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I ordered the 450 upper with a 18" barrel from Midway and put it on a RRA lower with a Wilson Combat trigger. I reload for mine and buy factory ammo when it comes on sale. Mine shoots 1 1/2 groups at 100yds. Have yet to kill anything with it but can't wait to see the hole.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You guys are a lot of help!! Ha!!

No haven't bought it yet but have received enough feedback that it is going to stay on the list! I have been wanting to pick up a Ruger SR1911, another .308 either Ruger or Browning, and trying to justify adding this one to the short list as well. I was really hoping you guys would say it was junk so I could keep looking at only the .45 & .308!! Ha!!

I have a TC Icon 22-250 and a CZ527 .223 that I really like. I just don't happen to have a semi auto in a small caliber like this.

Probably start watching prices and see if I can't pick one up by this summer.

Thanks for all the input guys!!! I just hate to drop a lot of money on something without some real world reviews!!

·
Administrator
74,974 Posts
You guys are a lot of help!! Ha!!

No haven't bought it yet but have received enough feedback that it is going to stay on the list! I have been wanting to pick up a Ruger SR1911, another .308 either Ruger or Browning, and trying to justify adding this one to the short list as well. I was really hoping you guys would say it was junk so I could keep looking at only the .45 & .308!! Ha!!

I have a TC Icon 22-250 and a CZ527 .223 that I really like. I just don't happen to have a semi auto in a small caliber like this.

Probably start watching prices and see if I can't pick one up by this summer.

Thanks for all the input guys!!! I just hate to drop a lot of money on something without some real world reviews!!
Just keep in mind that we are a breaking news event away from them being impossible to find and when you do find one they will be triple in price.

Take a look at the AR sales history just on this board. A year ago people were selling them for 3 to 4 times what they are going for right now. The Colt 6920 that Wal Mart was selling a year ago (when they could get them) for $1097 was selling online by scalpers for $3500+. What scares me is that the way O'blamer has been going lately, he can issue an EO to ban all AR's and hi cap mags at midnight some time when congress is on recess.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts