Remington Model 7 Whitetail 300 WSM

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by WackinNstackin, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WackinNstackin

WackinNstackin Well-Known Member

Remington Model 7 Whitetail 300 WSM, 22" fluted barrel, Weaver steel bases, Burris Zee rings, Nikon 4.5-14X40 SF. Been fired 18 times. Have 1 full box of 150 grain Win BST, what was left out of the first box, and box of 150 grain Rem CoreLokts. Gun is in excellent shape. No trades please, just found out I do not have a job after Dec 31. $600
    [​IMG]

2. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

Great price on this gun! Should not last long, sorry to hear about the job.

3. good looking rifle. Sorry to hear about the job. Good luck.

4. jsilver919

jsilver919 Well-Known Member

sorry to hear that good luck selling it

if it were tax season i would take it off your hands

5. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

No takers yet? If I wasn't going to drop $570 on passports next week, I would buy it.

6. tony r

tony r Moderator<br>Bowhunting<br>Guns, Ammunition, Reloa

wish you were closer:smack: great gun:thumb:

7. DANG.......I love Model Sevens..........is that a special run gun?
    How old is it......I mean when was it built?

8. WackinNstackin

soarkrebel I have never seen it cataloged so I'm assuming it was a special run for someone, Accusport, Sport South, or Henrys if I had to guess. As far as how old, it had been on the shelf of a local store for a good while. I've seen the "Whitetail" Mod 7 in 270 and 300 WSM. Most of them have brown laminate stocks. This is the only one I've saw with the synthetic. I really do not want to part with it, it's awesome deer medicine, shoots very good, and recoil is NOT bad at all.

9. So it doesn't have the klintoon key on the bolt.
    Yeah I can't find the gun online so I figure it was a special run. I have an older Model Seven in 6mm Rem that is in that same stock. I love the wood but didn't want to mess it up hunting with it.
    I have two Model Sevens and boy to add a third......whew.
    Put some more pics up of that gun so someone will get it......:banghead:

To be honest I really want one in 7mm-08 and have been working on someone that has a youth model that isn't smart enough to know they can just buy another stock.......:wink::biggrin:

10. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    Great minds think alike SoArk.

WNS, I'm giving you bump so you hurry up and sell that thing. I'm sure glad you're far enough away from Rogers to make it a real pain in the butt for me to buy this rifle from you. Sorry to hear about your employment situation. You never know how things work out. Hopefully you'll end up with a job you like even better.

11. eightpoint

eightpoint Well-Known Member

man what a gun ... hows it shoot?
    I thought the 300 S Mags didn't like 150's
    Got any groups?

12. AR_deerslayer

AR_deerslayer Well-Known Member

I want that bad!!! if I can sell a gun quick Ill buy it

13. WackinNstackin

Eightpoint, it heats up pretty quick, but one day I set down to shoot and touched the first to and the third opened it up to just over 1 1/4". I had the 150s and money was low so that's all I tried. Someone that has the time and means or reloads should be able to improve on that.

14. Sorry to hear about your job. You shouldn't have any problem selling the gun though. Good luck.

15. limbhanger

limbhanger Well-Known Member

Searcy
  16. WackinNstackin

Thanks for all the interest and kind words guys! My BIL came by and picked it up. Good thing is I MIGHT be able to get it back when things improve. Thanks everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.