Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wondered how old my mod. 700 is.It's not marked as far as being a CDL or BDL ect.It has a plastic buttstock so I figure it's pretty old.I bought it used a few years back.
Does anyone Have any ideas about age this gun might be?
Serial # is 6783457. I'll try to post pitures later.
It has a black forend tip.Used to have iron sights,..someone took them off.Also the bolt release button is right in front of the trigger.Caliber is 25/06.Oh,..It's a beautiful wood stock on it.
Come on Remington Experts,..Help me out.

It has hinged floorplate also.

·
Premium Member
17,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
They started making the 25-06 in 1970.

Remingtons manufactured after 1921 have a code located on the left side of the barrel near the frame that identifies the year and month of manufacture.

http://www.remingtonsociety.com/rsa/questions/barrelcodes

The year of manufacturer is a little tricky as Remington used code letters for the year and numbers for the month. Starting in 1921, M was used for the year. The letters O,Q & V were not used and ended with Z in 1931. In 1932 Remington started using the alphabet over again starting with the letter A. The letter I was ommited and L was the last letter used in 1942. IN 1943 mm was used and went thru 1953 with ZZ. OO, QQ VV were omitted. In 1954 A was the starting point for reuse of the alphabet and went thru Z in 1975. I, O, Q,& V were not used again. In 1976 I was used. In 1977 O was used. In 1978 Q was used. In 1979 V was used. In 1980 Remington started over with the alhabet. The month of manufacturer code coresponds to the numeral underneath the letters in Blackpowderx. B L A C K P O W D E R X 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

·
Premium Member
17,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I called Remington today. They said it was made in 1974. I did'nt think it was quite that old,But 2 different people said the same thing.
It looks like it set in a gun cabinet most of it's life.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.