Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,692 Posts
That's what my FIL shoots. I've never seen it jam and I don't think it's ever been cleaned. That's impressive in my book.

He says he can kill a deer at 150 steps with 00buck shot. That's only when it's running from dogs. :doh:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have an 11-87 20ga. It is a great gun. Great for squirrels and rabbits and quail. It is very similar to the 1100. I kind of like my 1100 better. I don't shoot 3" shells to much and my 1100 doesn't have a recoil pad to catch on clothing. Get the 11-87 and I don't think you will be dissapointed. Oh yeah, the 26" barrel seems to balance and swing better than the 28" IMO.

·
Registered
223 Posts

Good gun. I just bought the Stoeger model 2000 though and love it. I put a sims recoil pad on it and it kicks like a 410. You can find one for about $400 new. Stoeger is owned by Beretta and uses the same recoil systemas a benelli, but a lot cheaper. I have shot about 10 boxes through it and no problems. But the remington 1187 is a great gun also. Just about $180 more expensive.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with the 1187. They are excellent guns. A couple of years back, I was looking for a 20ga. and was very close to buying an 1187 when I came across a deal on an 870 that was too good to pass up. I've been nothing but pleased with it and it's considerably lighter than the 1187. This is due in part to being a pump but also because the receiver is smaller.
One of these days I'd like to have a Benelli 20ga but they keep getting more and more out of my price range. :smack:

·
Super Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
1,937 Posts
Good gun. I just bought the Stoeger model 2000 though and love it. I put a sims recoil pad on it and it kicks like a 410. You can find one for about $400 new. Stoeger is owned by Beretta and uses the same recoil systemas a benelli, but a lot cheaper. I have shot about 10 boxes through it and no problems. But the remington 1187 is a great gun also. Just about $180 more expensive.
My FIL's Stoeger jams sometimes when he tries to eject a shell. Any thought as to what causes it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.