Remembering

Discussion in 'General Hunting Topics' started by Triple Threat, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Triple Threat

Triple Threat Well-Known Member

I'm getting kind of concerned. I'm nearly 62 years old. I've got diabetes. I've had several konks on the head with football, baseball, basketball and work. I've probably had 6 to 8 concussions in my lifetime. But, I'm beginning to forget hunting experiences. I can look at racks on the wall and I can't remember where/when I shot the deer. I look at turkey fans and beards and I can't remember those either. I still remember some of those that got away though. Ha! Is anyone else experiencing this same thing?

2. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I might forget where my keys are, but I think I still remember the story behind the racks and mounts on the wall.

boomer and brushcreek like this.

3. marionfd728

marionfd728 Well-Known Member

marion
    I don't have any deer on the wall but, I can look at every duck or goose on my wall and tell you where I was and who I was with. Having said that, there are things I do forget and some things I wish I could!!

TT, I think your issue is,you have been in Memphis too long! You gotta get back out to the country, come on across the bridge to the good stuff! hahaha.

Seriously though, I hope it's nothing that is long term for you. Goodluck with it sir!

Triple Threat likes this.
  4. Triple Threat

MFD, I was there for Christmas! Really enjoyed it!

5. Thenarwhal

Thenarwhal Well-Known Member

Most days I don't remember what I had for breakfast, but I can still tell you specific details of times in the woods from decades ago. I've killed a bunch of deer and a lot of the racks look similar, but when I figure out which one is it, I can tell you the wind, the weather, the time, the shot, the location, the reaction, the trail, the drag, who I was with, whatever. I can still recall specific details of killing squirrels as a child as clearly as the details of the squirrel killing I did this week. Those things tend to stick with me.

Hope your situation is nothing serious. You should consider writing those memories down if you think they're really getting away from you.

6. curdog1

curdog1 Well-Known Member

You’ve killed to many trophies.

N8HARNER and Allenn like this.
  7. Triple Threat

The, I try to keep a journal of all hunts but it keeps falling by the way side.

Cur, trophies are in the eye of the beholder! Ha! Like the limits thread, apparently my deer limit is one a year. My squirrel limit is maybe two a trip! My turkey limit is one a year...

8. Chasegal88

Chasegal88 Well-Known Member

My mom used to call me etch a sketch brain. She said she could tell my to do something and I’d bend over and forget all about it!

N8HARNER and Allenn like this.
  9. frogleg

frogleg Well-Known Member

I can still look at all my racks and remember when and where I killed them. Unfortunately there's not that many to remember. lol

10. y hunt

y hunt Super Moderator Staff Member

TT you might consider seeing the doctor due to what you stated. Triggers to memory could be a sign of serious health condition.

11. lawson6565

lawson6565 Well-Known Member

I'm over the hill but the view from here is awesume. can't remember some trivial things sometimes but love to think back at my past hunting and fishing excursions. i don't have any bad memories and guess i'm lucky. i often think of my first deer and fabulous duck hunts i went on in the 60's and 70's. one of my favorites is of a buddy getting frozen to an old lean up deer stand. guess i'm blessed that i can remember them so good.

Triple Threat and JohnnieWalker like this.
  12. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

I forget my kids names sometimes

Triple Threat, turkey63 and JB Weld like this.
  13. JB Weld

JB Weld Well-Known Member Supporting Member

14. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

15. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    I do a lot worse. I am probably 'afflicted'. I can remember a lot of the stories behind the 'horns on a board', but not all. Maybe half.

So far, I still drive up in the right driveway. But sometimes when I leave, I forget where I was going.

So what's a guy to do? I don't know.

P.S.
    When I was your age, I could remember most of it. How pessimistic is THAT?

16. Triple Threat

I just saw this thread. What a coincidence I was thinking about starting a topic like this.

17. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    Thinking about it, then forgot????????? LOL

18. browning_gold_12

browning_gold_12 Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>Trail Cameras<br>'07

They say the first two things to go are your eyes, and I can't remember the other one... Seriously tho... See a doc.

19. lawson6565

lawson6565 Well-Known Member

i've seenwhite and black squirrels, a coon i know weighed at least 35 lb, but what fasinates me most at the strange sounds and noises i hear almost everytime i go hunting. i have hunted for 60 plus years and most of them i can figure out but just last fall, i heard a sound that has me baffled to this day. just one of the things that keeps it exciting and interesting.

N8HARNER likes this.
  20. browning_gold_12

browning_gold_12 Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>Trail Cameras<br>'07

Another fine example. Wrong thread there buddy. I think... lemme scroll back to the top....

N8HARNER and Triple Threat like this.