Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would love to see what some of your reloading tables look like. I am working on organizing my shop (detached garage) and I plan to set up my loader on one of the benches in it. Would enjoy getting ideas or anything. Also what do you all do to ensure your powder stays dry in a building like this?

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Would love to see what some of your reloading tables look like. I am working on organizing my shop (detached garage) and I plan to set up my loader on one of the benches in it. Would enjoy getting ideas or anything. Also what do you all do to ensure your powder stays dry in a building like this?
I built my own in an excel spread sheet, listing specific gun, caliber, case, primer, powder & weight, bullet, OAL, velocity based on chrono at muzzle & downstream based on published ballistic tables, standard dev, drop based on actual & tables beyond my range distance, & accuracy notes. The cells weren’t formatted. I just plugged in the data. I still have them in my computer. It’s a lot of work to be that meticulous & document everything, but the Aces on this site (I’m not one of them) will tell you that’s how you find out what your gun will & won’t do.

·
Administrator
81,431 Posts
Looks kinda junky but I know where everything is at. It’s a wooden frame built probably 30 years ago. I don’t remember what the top is but it’s thick and heavy. Add several hundred pounds of lead in the bottom and it’s solid. I have a couple more presses that I add when needed.
CF4F8F00-FB3E-442D-8BB2-A67950691E02.jpeg

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the pics. i just have a lee single right now figured it is a starting point. might have to keep the powder in my closet with the safe. isthere one thing you couldn't do without on your tables?

·
Registered
10,473 Posts
I built one from free plans off the internet The classic NRMA reloading bench. I modified it for width to fit my room.
It is very strong on the front edge and has lots of storage. I am not a carpenter but am very pleased with the build. I also built it 4" taller. I am glad I did. I don't have to bend over to operate the.press.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
The small bench on top of the desk is what I used for over 20 years. Earlier this year I picked up this solid oak desk from Goodwill for $14. Just by itself it is heavier than my original bench by a whole lot. The original bench was placed on top of the desk as a storage area. That's my progressive, portable single stage range development box and lead sled on the top. In the drawers on the right I keep my dies , tools and things of that nature. The big opening on the left is where I store my single stage, lube a matic, case trimmer, swager etc. Book cases on either side are also goodwill items.

The aluminum plate in the center of the desk is my base plate that allows me to put whichever rcbs component I want to use. I can switch between presses and other pieces of equipment easily and two bolts locks whatever I'm using down. I'm not sure what the wood used in the original bench cost back then but I'm sure it wasn't much. The two book shelves and desk cost less than $50.

This joker is rock solid and does not move at all.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I cant wait to get mine up and going again. I had it up at the old place but when I had to move I placed everything in storage so I am sure my powder is bad now which will suck. I was in the middle of loading up some 270 and had primed all the cases. Question is do you all think that they will still be good? I would think they should be what would be the difference between them sitting in the box or already installed in the brass? Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
87 Posts

All loaded ammo stored in ammo cans, all primers stored in ammo cans, heated and air conditioned space.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts