Arkansas Hunting banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,629 Posts
Been Fishing the Same CRAPPIE holes for
53 Years...
Still fish the same Beaver hunt we fished as a kid 10 years old..
Still catch them Today!!!! Minnows,jigs,now livescope....Still catch them Today!!!!
1St Minnows. You Raised them or you didn't get them..
A Guy on Norfolk Lake tied the 1st Chicken feather Jig...Tore em up..Set a New Record that stands today.....
CRAPPIE will be caught out they said..put a Limit 15 and OVER 10 INCHES...Still the limit Today....
Baning a Tool is not the Answer....

BAN LIVE BAIT.... ARTIFICIAL ONLY!!!!! WITH LIVE SCOPE....NO LIVE BAIT....

·
Premium Member
25,629 Posts
30 looks better for Instagram, but I hate freezing fillets. I have a self imposed limit of 10. The family can usually eat 20 fillets (I rarely eat fish).
We Do 15 limit and over 10 inches... unless we are fish Hungry..or I'm fishing on Norfolk or Bull Shoals..

·
Registered
31 Posts
The problem (that has been stated before in this thread) is limits are set based upon the size of the resource, the number of anglers, and productivity of the average angler. It’s foolish to say ‘what’s the matter as long as they only keep a limit’. If the limits are set to where the average angler typically catches 10 fish an outing and then there is an innovation such as Livescope that raises that average to 20, you have doubled your take rate.

Assuming they were set right to begin with, limits will have to go down to preserve the resource. This punishes all fishermen, unless they ban the technology or impose limits on only those that use it. Both would probably not have much traction in the angling community, so I would expect to see lower limits as the fishery receives increased pressure.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I rarely keep more than 10 anyway, not that I don't get more-10 is PLENTY for a meal. That's 20 filets. For the 2 of us, that's 3 or 4 meals, and we're talking get full kinda meals by time we figure in all the fixins that go with it (taters, corn, fruits, bread, etc)

Secondly I'd just as soon keep catfish before crappie, I like it better. More fun to catch too and they get bigger. Just my personal opinion.

But if I could find/catch walleye on a regular basis, I'd never eat another catfish or crappie again. Not much fight to walleye but their table fare more than makes up for the lack of fight.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I rarely keep more than 10 anyway, not that I don't get more-10 is PLENTY for a meal. That's 20 filets. For the 2 of us, that's 3 or 4 meals, and we're talking get full kinda meals by time we figure in all the fixins that go with it (taters, corn, fruits, bread, etc)

Secondly I'd just as soon keep catfish before crappie, I like it better. More fun to catch too and they get bigger. Just my personal opinion.

But if I could find/catch walleye on a regular basis, I'd never eat another catfish or crappie again. Not much fight to walleye but their table fare more than makes up for the lack of fight.
Catfish is what I like catching to, Blues and flatheads. Went to spring river today. Caught 3 nice channels, 2 Kentucky's and 2 walleye we kept. Not bad considering we got poured on twice. Took shelter under wilford bridge once.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Arkansas Hunting mobile app

·
Premium Member
25,629 Posts

Go to Canada catch all you can eat...

61 - 76 of 76 Posts