Arkansas Hunting banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
I think Uncle Joe needs get involved with this live scope racism. Maybe the feds will buy live scope for everyone to even the field. And if they buy the live scope then maybe they can buy everyone a new boat to put it on.
equality! I need a democratically paid for livescope... lol. all kidding aside, I absolutely HATE people telling me (the general public) what to do, how to fish, hunt, etc... I get it that laws are out there to make sure that we have a resource in the future, but dang, it gets out of hand... they need to focus on keeping the water safe (keeping drunk boaters off the water would be an example) and leave the rest up to the public. Panfish are a great renewable resource.

·
Registered
640 Posts
If they feel the need to regulate due to livescopes, how about only imposing stringent limits on those with the tech in the boat...

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
Got the popcorn in the microwave on this post.....

If we want to start some new regulations, all of you folks that yo yo fish, you can't have any yoyo's in the water from March 1 till June 1. Its ok if Pappy Joe goes and catches 30-60 crappie in a weekend with yoyo's while the crappies are on their beds, but a livescope dude can't go out in deep water and snipe their 30 fish limit. CRAZYYYYYY THINKING in here.

I don't understand WHY it matters on how someone catches the their limit of crappie. Too many noses in other peoples business.

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
Also, I did post this about 6 months back in another post....regarding the same topic....of livescope.

I asked AGFC about it back in April, if they were looking at banning Livescope, here was the reply:

Yes, we are always looking at new developments in fishing, and sizing up impacts. For example, we conducted a number of surveys and analyses when the Alabama Rig came onto the bass fishing scene to determine if it was having a negative impact on the populations. We are doing similar things related to the Livescope. We will be looking at whether angler catch rates are actually higher for those who have it, or if that is just a perception. And we are going to evaluate the potential impacts of crappie harvest being concentrated on the largest fish in the population. That is under the assumption that Livescope allows an angler to determine the size of fish they are targeting and only attempt to catch the largest ones. Our goal is always to make decisions based on scientific research and not on people's perceptions. Unfortunately, it takes a little time to answer these questions, so people will have to be patient with us while we do the studies. Finally, regardless of how the studies turn out, we have no intention of banning LiveScope. We may have to make some regulations changes, but they would not include banning the equipment.

·
Premium Member
25,629 Posts
Also, I did post this about 6 months back in another post....regarding the same topic....of livescope.

I asked AGFC about it back in April, if they were looking at banning Livescope, here was the reply:

Yes, we are always looking at new developments in fishing, and sizing up impacts. For example, we conducted a number of surveys and analyses when the Alabama Rig came onto the bass fishing scene to determine if it was having a negative impact on the populations. We are doing similar things related to the Livescope. We will be looking at whether angler catch rates are actually higher for those who have it, or if that is just a perception. And we are going to evaluate the potential impacts of crappie harvest being concentrated on the largest fish in the population. That is under the assumption that Livescope allows an angler to determine the size of fish they are targeting and only attempt to catch the largest ones. Our goal is always to make decisions based on scientific research and not on people's perceptions. Unfortunately, it takes a little time to answer these questions, so people will have to be patient with us while we do the studies. Finally, regardless of how the studies turn out, we have no intention of banning LiveScope. We may have to make some regulations changes, but they would not include banning the equipment.
Can't nobody tell ya exactly what kind of fish you are looking at...they can gestamate..

·
Registered
27,267 Posts
It is kind of funny to me that not a word is said about the guy who fishes all the time without livescope and regularly catches his limit, he’s celebrated as a good fisherman and rightly so, but he’s removing the same amount of fish as someone that catches a limit using livescope. However, add livescope to his arsenal and suddenly the conversation changes and goes the other way. I caught crappie before Livescope, and if they ban it I will sell it and go back to fishing the way I did before I put it in my boat. Really makes no difference to me. It’s a tool, and a fun one at that, but not having it isn’t going to keep me from fishing and it isn’t going to keep me from catching fish either. That’s not because I’m some great fisherman or anything, I am just lucky enough to have a job that allows me to spend a good portion of time on the water during certain times of the year. I do however find it kind of funny that most of the people that complain about livescope the loudest are ones that don’t have it in their boat and/or have never even fished with it in person. It is helpful, no doubt, but it’s not a silver bullet. Like I said, nothing to me one way or the other if they ban it, just think some of the contradictions are funny.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Just for the record I seen a picture just yesterday of a boat FULL of catfish that came out of nets being ran in the river!!! They might need to consider outlawing those things too I recon.

Oh and I am a livescoper also, but have filled my freezer all my life without it! I can now catch what I need more quickly and efficiently IF I can make them bite, which is not always the case. It’s not as easy as it sounds. Trust me.

·
Registered
27,267 Posts
Just for the record I seen a picture just yesterday of a boat FULL of catfish that came out of nets being ran in the river!!! They might need to consider outlawing those things too I recon.

Oh and I am a livescoper also, but have filled my freezer all my life without it! I can now catch what I need more quickly and efficiently IF I can make them bite, which is not always the case. It’s not as easy as it sounds. Trust me.
If only they knew how many times you watch one rise on the jig just to swim off I think they’d be extremely surprised.

·
Premium Member
25,629 Posts
It is kind of funny to me that not a word is said about the guy who fishes all the time without livescope and regularly catches his limit, he’s celebrated as a good fisherman and rightly so, but he’s removing the same amount of fish as someone that catches a limit using livescope. However, add livescope to his arsenal and suddenly the conversation changes and goes the other way. I caught crappie before Livescope, and if they ban it I will sell it and go back to fishing the way I did before I put it in my boat. Really makes no difference to me. It’s a tool, and a fun one at that, but not having it isn’t going to keep me from fishing and it isn’t going to keep me from catching fish either. That’s not because I’m some great fisherman or anything, I am just lucky enough to have a job that allows me to spend a good portion of time on the water during certain times of the year. I do however find it kind of funny that most of the people that complain about livescope the loudest are ones that don’t have it in their boat and/or have never even fished with it in person. It is helpful, no doubt, but it’s not a silver bullet. Like I said, nothing to me one way or the other if they ban it, just think some of the contradictions are funny.
Amen

·
Premium Member
25,629 Posts
Like Gun said..We catch 10-15 ,10 in a or better and go home..
Before livescope when we found them..
We would crush them..2 Limits......
LIKE Foot said.. Don't matter will still catch..
IT IS WHAT IT IS...

They ain't Doing nothing to much money in it..
Sells pitch to sell more...and they are..
Lowarnce has came out with one that's clearer than Garmin...

·
Premium Member
27,124 Posts
I am right down the middle on this one. I have a livescope, but dont use it. Wouldnt change the way I fish one bit if they banned them. I am not a hadcore crappie fisherman, bass fisherman, bream fisherman, or white bass fisherman - I fish for whatever the day brings. I fish ten feet of vegetation filled water most of the time. I know some guys who absolutely murder the crappie using livescope. Most of these guys caught a lot of crappie anyway, but now they select the ones they catch and they have mostly good days and great days - 365 days a year.

But as others have said, crappie are prolific breeders and they grow fast. If the resource can bear the pressure without adverse affect, I see no reason to further restrict crappie fishermen - and for sure not to restrict it because somebody doesnt use a livescope but doesnt like that somebody else does use a livescope.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts