Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A person at a recent internal Game & Fish meeting told me the fisheries people addressed Livescope and related issues arising from using it. I have expected modifications would happen once enough people owned them. No doubt it has increased the catch rate on crappie.
What regulations do you thing are warranted? Reduced limits? Length limits? Certain waters or state wide? I like simple.

·
Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>Trail Cameras<br>'07
7,603 Posts
They need to see what it's doing to Bass as well. Not just Crappie. I wouldn't care if they outlawed them. Especially in tournaments. Wouldn't have one if you gave it to me. I just don't jive with fishing that way. But each to his own...

·
Premium Member
25,629 Posts
Crappie Season... March 1st till June 1st...10 fish
CRAPPIE gotta be over 10 inches before keeping..june 1st till March 1st catch and release immediately...No exceptions..
No YoYos...

·
Premium Member
25,629 Posts
might as well just create a system that has a livescope and auto-catch combined - just sit in the boat and let all the automation catch the fish for you
Already Got it.. under water Drones...Take the bait to the fish.. Fish bites auto hook set...
Garmin....

·
Premium Member
27,124 Posts
Exactly people who were catching limit's before without them and no one was crying then
I know some folks who never caught a limit of crappie in their life pre livescope and now do it regularly. I aint one of them. Has not added one fish to my catch in the 10 months I have owned one - that is how sorry a fisherman I really am.

·
Premium Member
14,373 Posts
@SwampCat is 100% correct. I don't have a dog in the fight but I can introduce you to some guys who were average crappie fishermen who, over the past couple years due to livescope, regularly bring home limits now.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts