Redfield Revolution

Discussion in 'Reviews-Products/Gear/Guides/Outfitters' started by neahunter12, Dec 13, 2010.

1. neahunter12

neahunter12 Well-Known Member

I bought a Redfield Revolution scope and I have had it for about a week. Its the 3-9x40 and I put it on my Marlin XS7 308. My first impression was a TON of eye relief on low power, looks better in person and nothing special about the clarity. I put it on my 308 last week and sighted it in at 100 yards. This weekend I shot it out to 200 yards and was very happy with it. When the wind died down I managed to get a 3 shot group right at a half inch at 100 yards, not bad at all that is my best group so far with this gun. The scope was nothing special to look through it didnt have much on a tasco or simmons but what made it better was how it looked when it got dark. This scope is very bright for the money. I liked the power adjustment you only had to turn it a quarter of a turn to go from 3 to 9 and the ring was smooth and easy to turn but not flimsy like a few tascos I have felt. I also liked the ring under the adjustments so you can adjust it for shooting long range and then set it back to the right spot. If I find anything I dont like about the scope ill keep yall updated.

2. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.

3. speedygman

speedygman Well-Known Member

Leupold makes Redfield which might help some.

4. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

I had a REdfield 3x9 with a range finder, on my sniper rifle in Nam. They are charged so they gather light very well.....don't bang it around or unscrew any parts or you'll lose the charge. They're great scopes for low light "hunting"!:up:

5. neahunter12

neahunter12 Well-Known Member

Yea this scope seems nearly identical to the Leupold Rifleman I think it might be the same scope with a new name and price just to sell a little more.