Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a worm bed made from a deep chest freezer. I did have a bunch of night crawlers in it but it looks like they are all dead & gone. I think the heat got them. Does anyone within an hours drive of Beebe have a red wiggler bed? I'd like to get some to start my own bed with them. I know they can handle the heat a whole lot better. Sure would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
My dad had a worm bed made from a old freezer with night crawlers and he said his worms all disappeared. We were getting worms whenever we needed and also restocking it also. They just disappeared.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mt Curr hooked me up with a starter batch. I know they can stand the heat really well. I like them better for bream bait too. I like several wigglers with heads & tails poking out and wiggling like crazy. With a crawler I pinch off pieces and it doesn't seem as effective to me. Now all I have to do is wait for them to reproduce to usable numbers. I should be set for next spring.

I dug down pretty deep in my freezer and I did find a night crawler about 4" long so I guess there may be some still in there. Maybe they are all the way down. There is at least 3' of peat moss in that freezer. I'm also thinking that 4" worm is probably a youngster and may have been born in the worm bed. If that is the case I'll have both type of worms in the freezer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.