Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Gut him, cut his head off,scale him,cut off fins and then filet him and season with salt pepper and lemon juice and put on grill.......Before my last doc visit I would have said roll in cornmeal and deep fry :rolleyes: By the way great catch !!!!

·
Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I have been a little misleading.

I didn't catch him it was already dark I moved up by the dam, there was a boat there and they were yellin about something. They asked if I wanted a stripper, I said no. "It is going to die." Alright I'll take it, I have never seen a stripper. The strippers came in like a pack of wolves at dark. These guys were trying for walleyes also. He hooked him on a small jig and fought it for 15 minutes.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Any body give me any tips on cleaning and cooking, this thing?

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/Ike_Brown/fishing/strippersmall.jpg

Stripers are good eating if you cut out all the red meat. On fish between 8-10 pounds, cutting the head off, scaling and gutting and cutting the tail off makes for a good fish to grill or bake in the oven. Put the oven on 300 and in an hour or so, the skin will start splitting and the meat will be white and flakey and you should be good to go.

On fish over 15 pounds, I like to fillet and then cut the skin off. Again trim out as much red meat as you can and then cut the fillet up into big steaks or chunks. Put them in sealed foil along with some butter and wine or lemon and cook on the grill about 10 minutes on each side. The foil bag you created will puff up and the fish will be cooked in it's own juices and the wine. Right tastey it is.

The most important thing about stripers is to ice it down and clean it as soon as possible. It gets pretty mushy if it's left in the heat very long. In the Winter, you can get away with dragging it around but not in the Summer.

Cheers.....

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
jerry dean wants to know where all these strippers are. :cool:
Heck yeah...especially them ones that "come in like a pack of wolves at dark".

But I ain't got no intrest in one that "is gonna die anyway" or one that's gonna "fight for 15 minutes".

Just a plain ole trailer trash stripper for me...especially if'n she gots a girlfriend that's willing to tag along and party...

Is that too much to ask for??!?!?!?:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts

But I ain't got no intrest in one that "is gonna die anyway" or one that's gonna "fight for 15 minutes".

Just a plain ole trailer trash stripper for me...especially if'n she gots a girlfriend that's willing to tag along and party...

Yeeeeee hawwwww! :fit:

·
Registered
6,239 Posts

it sounds like you need to take a small jig with you.

·
Registered
14,411 Posts

That's what I'm talking about!!!

Ike - I've heard the same thing about getting the red meat off the striper fillets. My inlaws live next to a guide up here on Beaver, and I guess they used to eat 'em all the time and loved it.

·
Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn
3,644 Posts
Fillet just like a bass. Trim out the red meat, then cut the fillets into manageable size.

You can fry it up just like bass/catfish, or you can bake/broil/grill it as you would any fish. It is just fine.

It is the red meat that makes it taste strong.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts

Jerry Dean you ain't right honey! :fit:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.