Real deal bayou meto report2

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by getemshug, Dec 10, 2012.

1. getemshug

getemshug Well-Known Member

Johnathon Clinton of England Arkansas,

Thank you very, very much.

My calls came out of my pocket while I was running the none of your :censored: business hole this weekend. Wasn't sure if it was on dry ground or where the water started. Tried to find em with no luck. 1.5 mile run leaves a lot of ground to cover.... Had a couple of bands on it. Also my KM cut olt. Also had my first call that I still use some: cracked, duck taped DR85. Irreplaceable....

He found them and actually called the USFWS to try to find out who the calls belonged to. I killed a band opening morning, and listed my cell phone as my contact number when I reported the band. He gave them the band number, and they gave him my number. Now I have my calls and bands back.

I tried to give him a lil reward and he wouldn't take the cash. He just asked me to return the favor for somebody else. Pretty dang standup guy.

This morning, other than three nice bunches of mallards, we saw less than 100 mallards flying. We were in a well known hole. Still needs more water, can't think about motoring up the blue line. Believe if you want. I was shocked. Really thought it would be a good morning. Was only one group that we could hear that did any shooting worth wondering about..... Jasper, you do what you want with your posts but I think you're crazy for posting anything like what you've done. Also heard the Feds might be around tomorrow....

Johnathon Clinton, you're the man!!! I really can't thank you enough.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
  2. wood duck whacker

wood duck whacker Well-Known Member

Man that's cool not a lot of people would have gone through that trouble or even thought about calling them for your number. That's refreshing to hear.

3. madduck87

madduck87 Well-Known Member

10-4 wish someone would call with my GPS that fell out the truck at a parking lot when you turn it on it says my name, i keep waiting, 7 years of info on that baby

4. shiftymcfive01

shiftymcfive01 Super Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2013

5. greenhead smackdown

greenhead smackdown Well-Known Member

And you will be wondering why you see me in all of your duck holes from this point forward:whistle:

6. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

That's awesome!!

7. madduck87

haha it was the bayou deview ramp at dagmar the rest area pull off, backing down it slid off dash and out window, looked for hours on three different days, someone had to pick it up or it got mud stomped

8. brad6056

brad6056 Well-Known Member

Jonathon Clinton displayed true integrity and selflessness!! Your good deed will be rewarded, I'm certain of it. Nice job.

9. greenhead smackdown

That sucks. I would be upset over the work out in to fill that thing up more than the GPS itself.

10. madduck87

naw it was backed up, just was a 600 dollar handheld

11. SusieKiller

SusieKiller Well-Known Member

That's pretty awesome. I would have never thought of calling the USFWS to get someone's number. Makes me wonder how someone would ever find me with all my eBay bands....

Well done Johnathon Clinton.

12. jasper

jasper Well-Known Member

Thats a true sportsman there.

13. greenhead smackdown

Dang that really does suck. You would think being a gps that their would be a way to find it from your computer similar to the Find-my-Iphone thing. Hate it for you man.

this subject made me just add my phone number to the welcome screen on mine. But of course that is only good enough to keep an honest person from being a theif.

14. SCDuck

SCDuck Well-Known Member

SC
    If you have the serial # it can be tracked

15. Jeremiahbrown

Jeremiahbrown Well-Known Member

Johnathon you are a stand up guy! Thank you for such a good representation of honest sportsman!

16. madduck87

how? i have all the box and info?

i know within 50 where it dropped, question is, did it stay there?

17. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

Uh no, these are receivers not transmitters. The only one that I know that can be classified as a transmitter is the Rino series, and thats just because it has a walkie talkie built in. The handheld units us hunters use are passive devices, they only receive information.

18. madduck87

i was kind of wondering

19. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

The best you could do would have been to contact Garmin with the unit id and tell them it had been stolen, and then wished that the thief/finder registered for a MyGarmin account and then sync the device. Its a long shot, and nothing would probably have ever come of it. Another thing to think about is, if you guys set the "Home" option, where it shows the address of your home and also on the map. If I was a thief and found a $600 GPS, and knew the guys street address, I would be thinking "What else does this guy have?" Just food for thought, at least you had all your waypoints, tracks, etc backed up.

20. nturchi

nturchi Well-Known Member

THe PN-60 Delorme has a spot communicator edition that can be activated if your stranded and lost. I don't know if they can locate if it's stolen but they can locate you if you can't find your way out.