Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Watch the achieved video of the last WGF commission meeting when they discuss at length CWD and department plans and options. I think you’ll be surprised. It’s a little more encouraging than I expected. Still a long way to go, but a whole lot different than the experience you describe here.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,527 Posts
If you plant pine seedlings every 3'square, on a few hundred acres, they will thrive for 15 or so years, then they will automatically "thin" themselves out by almost 50%....in another 25 years, there will remain almost 2/3s of those trees remaining if yer lucky. As in everything, including humans...over population breeds disease and die-off. Facts of life.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Did cwd start out with cervids eatin meat on their own or humans bastardizing hunting/ being obsessed with bigger or more animals.
Genetic engineering of cattle is big nowadays. I wonder how long before that leads to something bad.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Some of us just cant let mother nature be. I aint a hippy but dont see any sense in screwing with stuff that aint broken. Leave them cows alone. Feed em what they been eating naturally for centuries, milk em, and eat em just like they are.
I think the same about deer squirrels chickens and all of gods creatures. He made em perfect.
Lol what if some idiots got together and made squirrels weigh 10 lbs? That would be a sight but not something I would want to see. Love em just like they are!

·
56,527 Posts
Some of us just cant let mother nature be. I aint a hippy but dont see any sense in screwing with stuff that aint broken. Leave them cows alone. Feed em what they been eating naturally for centuries, milk em, and eat em just like they are.
I think the same about deer squirrels chickens and all of gods creatures. He made em perfect.
Lol what if some idiots got together and made squirrels weigh 10 lbs? That would be a sight but not something I would want to see. Love em just like they are!
You'd probly like it around here, I don't even eat store bought eggs! And I eat eggs at least twice a day! LOL

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Like distemper in coons when the population gets to big and the same thing will happen to the human population someday before too long. Some type of flu or other such...d2

Plain an simple ..... Hope them uns that someday cause this to happen ain't taking up for another load now.
Sure don't want to help them by stupid actions or non actions either.... Either for me or the wildlife

·
56,527 Posts
Plain an simple ..... Hope them uns that someday cause this to happen ain't taking up for another load now.
Sure don't want to help them by stupid actions or non actions either.... Either for me or the wildlife
Someday has already been here for almost 8 years....and diseases came with them!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.