razorback defense

Discussion in 'Razorbacks' started by quack-n-stack, Jan 4, 2011.

1. quack-n-stack

quack-n-stack Well-Known Member

Can we please fire willie robinson immediately following the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Hog_54

Hog_54 Well-Known Member

NWA
    Got my just do it

3. NaturalStateNative

NaturalStateNative Well-Known Member

our recievers have a case of pan hands. that's the only reason we are behind right now. had a couple of those perfect passes been caught we would have the upper hand right now.

4. dirtdart

dirtdart Well-Known Member

Mallett's lead feet and receivers stone hands lost it......

5. NaturalStateNative

after watching the first half it's hard to believe it came down to one freakin pick at the 10 yard line with a minute on the clock

6. quack-n-stack

quack-n-stack Well-Known Member

Yup!! Joe Adams one of the best receivers In the country dropped three that hit him in the hands! But dang them guys showed alot of heart hanging in there!! Good season! 10-3 ain't bad considering u lost those three games to top ten possibly all top 5 teams in the country!!

7. NaturalStateNative

Yeah it was a heck of a season. Question is now, does mallet stay or go? I think he's still leaving but who knows.

8. rattletrap

rattletrap Well-Known Member

i hope mallet goes, not cause i think hes a bad qb, but i think wilson has better footwork, and mallet needs an nfl coach to help him with his footwork and i think he will be unstoppable. we should have been running the ball on that last drive, its been working all game, stick with whats working.

9. NaturalStateNative

I agree. We were punching in for those first downs like crazy early on

10. johnspies

johnspies Well-Known Member

Mallett will stay and try for a first round next year; the potential lockout might help that decision. He'll work on mobility and be the premier QB, winning the heisman!
    Sounds good on paper; don't it?!

11. bp_lee24

bp_lee24 Well-Known Member

yall cant blame that loss on defence, they got lucky and fell on a forced fumble for a TD, and all their TD passes were very well covered... then willy did make good adjustments at half to shut down the QB run.... we dropped the ball too many times on key plays on offence... just my opinion.

guess we will just say the most used phrase in arkansas reguarding football..... "just wait till next year"

12. GBacon

GBacon Well-Known Member

agree, not totally the defense's problem. They did not play that well in the first half, but did make good adjustments and played very well in the second half.

Main issues I saw were;

1. Dropped passes. 5 that I counted for first downs or a couple possibly for TDs.

2. O-line inability to block Hayword. He was all over Mallett on several key plays.

3. Mallett's holding the ball and taking the sack on key downs.

Wish it would have been different outcome, but 10-3 is a good year. Glad they did not just give up at the half.

13. TMHC

TMHC Well-Known Member

Win as a team and last tonight we lost as a team...coaches and players alike. From dropped balls, soft offensive line, penalties , mental mistakes, poor adjustments on defense all adds up to missed opportunities. Any one of these areas that could have been stronger would have made the outcome different. I'm happy with where the program is as a whole. Looking forward to next year. Go Hogs.:thumb:

P.S. Pryor was a slippery SOB...he was tough to catch.

14. dsmtuner1

dsmtuner1 Well-Known Member

x2

The hogs were finishing the season strong just to fall short at the end. It's a shame, but it's better than being blown out or not making the BCS in the first place. I think the #1 factor that fuels everyones frustration is how many opportunities we had to win. Undeniable opportunities.