Arkansas Hunting banner

Hope I cover most answers. You can vote for more than one answer.

• Nothing because I don't think there are problems.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Enforce the laws on the books and ban habitual offenders.

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • I don't care because dogs don't run here.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Ban all of them. Dogs are uncontrollable and all will trespass.

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Ban all of them. Dog hunters are not willing to do it legally.

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Ban all of them. It's bad for deer management.

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Limit size. Larger dogs are too uncontrollable.

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Ban them all. I just don't like dogs.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Ban them all because the AGF is unwilling to enforce.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Ban them or regulate them more in areas with habitual problems.

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
Enforce the laws on the books and ban habitual offenders.

That's my vote. Limiting the size almost got my vote but i think that would be an option between the enforcement and the banning of dogs. Larger dogs are harder to control as they'll generally cover more ground in a less time.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
How about starting a topic about something helps you with your deer hunting or deer management?

Maybe you do something or know how to do something that would help someone else.

Do you build your own deer stands,blinds,food plot stuff or a discussion about how you scout. Where do seem to find more scrapes or rubs. How do you hunt thickets or cutovers.
How do you clean your deer .........do you have any secret methods of processing.

How about clearing lanes and area management? How do you do it?

Something besides dogs:smack:

·
Registered
623 Posts
why don't everyone just get along???? the time is coming when hunting will be looked at like trapping already is. which means that hunters are going to have to get along rather than try to cannibalize each other in the name of deer management or ethics. I don't like to think about hunting becoming looked at like trapping ( personally i support trapping 100% and hate to see it under such scrutiny) , but the day is getting closer...so we need to stay together rather than fight over the same old tired crap about banning a legal means of hunting

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
why don't everyone just get along???? the time is coming when hunting will be looked at like trapping already is. which means that hunters are going to have to get along rather than try to cannibalize each other in the name of deer management or ethics. I don't like to think about hunting becoming looked at like trapping ( personally i support trapping 100% and hate to see it under such scrutiny) , but the day is getting closer...so we need to stay together rather than fight over the same old tired crap about banning a legal means of hunting
Squirrel hunter If I remember right you are a young man.......If my memory is correct or heck even if your an old man .......you are a asset to the hunting community!!!!:thumb:

·
Registered
17 Posts
We all know they can try and try but they arnt going to change the laws much at all. Think about it if the government is making millions of dallors on hunting gear, guns, ammo,and any other nessecities hunters normaly take why would they give up all that money just because someone thinks diiferent. I think u all need to drop it and do what soark says and leave it alone. All u do is fight and argue why cant we talk about something that dont leave us all kicking acd screaming about who is right or wrong.:smack:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
We all know they can try and try but they arnt going to change the laws much at all. Think about it if the government is making millions of dallors on hunting gear, guns, ammo,and any other nessecities hunters normaly take why would they give up all that money just because someone thinks diiferent. I think u all need to drop it and do what soark says and leave it alone. All u do is fight and argue why cant we talk about something that dont leave us all kicking acd screaming about who is right or wrong.:smack:
Outstanding!!!!!!!:thumb:

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Forgot to make this a public poll. FYI I voted for better inforcement, banning habitual offenders and limiting dog size.:razz:

I would guess you runners would agree to at least two of those.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Forgot to make this a public poll. FYI I voted for better inforcement, banning habitual offenders and limiting dog size.:razz:

I would guess you runners would agree to at least two of those.
yeah, i agree with banning habitual offenders and better enforcement. but the size limit will not work. my grandparents ran deer with a 13" beagle. that dog had probably seen more dead deer in his lifetime than most hunters...

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How about starting a topic about something helps you with your deer hunting or deer management?

Maybe you do something or know how to do something that would help someone else.

Do you build your own deer stands,blinds,food plot stuff or a discussion about how you scout. Where do seem to find more scrapes or rubs. How do you hunt thickets or cutovers.
How do you clean your deer .........do you have any secret methods of processing.

How about clearing lanes and area management? How do you do it?

Something besides dogs:smack:
That's a good point. I moved this year and was hunting unfamiliar territory. It was rough. I was on a clear cut, which I've never hunted and didn't do worth a darn. Was told there were deer all over it. I saw some does and small buck during early archery and ML but passed on them. I scouted and found lots of scrapes and rubs and set up a couple stands near funnels. After gun season started and the dogs started running I didn't see a single deer.

I think I may plant some peas this spring and some turnips this fall if I can ever talk my wife into an atv that I can cut a plot with.

Oh yeah, I built this stand a couple years ago.
For the camo start with a solid layer of flat light brown then some dark brown stripes, then dark green then black with less stripes as you get darker.

How's that? Group hug fellers'?

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
53,799 Posts
Limit the size to 12".....anything without a collar is wild....house dogs better be in the house:eek: :razz:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts