Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why won't a guy keep his word after he said he would ship something to you? Three times I have either bought, sold or traded stuff I have been left holding the empty bag.
Guess I just got to big of a heart and trust people to much. Ain't happening again.
OK rant over.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Guess I just got to big of a heart and trust people to much. Ain't happening again.
I learned this a long time ago when deals were still made face to face. The interwebs allow dishonest people to squirm out of their word. AND....A man's word is not valued like it was 20 years ago.

Hope things work out for you. Although it is safe, it still sucks to have hardened my heart.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Two here and one on another forum. Just not worth the hassle. Don't seem like they were raised with morals, but I was raised up to honer your word even if it ended up not in your favor.
I can sleep with it.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Two here and one on another forum. Just not worth the hassle. Don't seem like they were raised with morals, but I was raised up to honer your word even if it ended up not in your favor.
I can sleep with it.
Folks SHOULD do the right thing. When you decide to quit EXPECTING them to do the right thing, your life will not have as much human caused disappointment.

·
Registered
30,677 Posts
That sucks.

I'll say one thing. I sold $3,000 worth of 30 years of accumulated stuff on here last year.........and bought a nice utility trailer. Couple of times I drove out of my way to make a sale, but it was my choice. Not once did I encounter any bad characters or anyone who reneged on a sale or their word. I had one item not work out that I refunded, but later sold to someone else.

I've made about $200 selling stuff on Ebay, and shipping it. But this site gives you a chance, at least, to make a face to face sale with someone that lives in this state, and who is probably on here every so often and can't 'hide' long term. The For Sale forum is one of the best things about this site. IMHO, too many folks think there's no such thing as depreciation, but still it's better than Craigslist, Ebay, or Classified, by far.

My two cents.

·
Administrator
87,966 Posts
I can sleep with it.
PM me the details and I can look in to it. Pm's between you and the other party help make a case too.

I do have the ability to restrict people to certain forums and remove their posting rights in certain forums, among other things.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.