Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Military camouflage Air gun Machine gun Table Sleeve

My son and I took the morning to do some rimfire shooting. He brought his Browning 1911/22 he got from his grandfather and I brought my Buckmark and High Standard.

Jumped over the rifle range and zeroed the 452 (.22lr), the 457 (.22wmr), and the Ruger American. With the Silent SR the American is impressively quiet with cci sub Sonics and Remington/Eley target.

·
Grand Member
15,395 Posts
I've got the same Ruger American with a Scoundrel suppressor on it, it's got a Vortex 2-7x32 scope on it. Amazing how quiet it is. I've also got a Browning Buck Mark pistol with a 4" threaded barrel, the suppressor quiets it down a lot, but you can still tell its a gun shot, but very comfortable to shoot without hearing protection. The good thing about the 4" pistol is that standard .22lr ammo is sub-sonic because of the velocity loss of the short barrel.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got the same Ruger American with a Scoundrel suppressor on it, it's got a Vortex 2-7x32 scope on it. Amazing how quiet it is. I've also got a Browning Buck Mark pistol with a 4" threaded barrel, the suppressor quiets it down a lot, but you can still tell its a gun shot, but very comfortable to shoot without hearing protection. The good thing about the 4" pistol is that standard .22lr ammo is sub-sonic because of the velocity loss of the short barrel.
Sam,
This is a little spooky. My Ruger is topped with that same 2-7x32 Vortex. Your Browning Buckmark wouldn't happen to be similar to the top one below would it? If so, that would mean our only difference is suppressor choice. Great minds and all you know.....
Musical instrument accessory Rectangle Gas Metal Font

Hey..That's my Shooting Range... Thought I knew you..
Welcome and Congrats...
Jackie,
I don't think you and I have met there yet. I have met a guy named John who was very nice and a guy named Lance last week while we were there.

·
Premium Member
33,538 Posts
Sam,
This is a little spooky. My Ruger is topped with that same 2-7x32 Vortex. Your Browning Buckmark wouldn't happen to be similar to the top one below would it? If so, that would mean our only difference is suppressor choice. Great minds and all you know.....
View attachment 341097

Jackie,
I don't think you and I have met there yet. I have met a guy named John who was very nice and a guy named Lance last week while we were there.
I was the one leaving.In the Black Dodge..
Usually shoot at least Twice a Week.
Mostly 22 and my 9 MM... security Practice..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts