Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case any of you guys got a permit for Shirey Bay/Rainy Brake, the AGFC closed the first two hunts and will review the third hunt at a later date due to an extreme amount of water. I called the Regional Office yesterday and they said they were discussing it right then. I called back today and they informed me the news.

Also, in case anyone doesn't know Dave Donaldson and St. Francis Sunken Lands also closed due to extreme flooding at this time.

:verymad:

·
Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn
3,642 Posts
I get awfully frustrated with AG&FC sometimes, but in this case I can imagine they are between a rock and a hard place. On one hand, you have their #1 job - to protect and preserve our wildlife resources, but on the other hand you have hunters who go through the trouble of applying for a permit, juggling work schedules (often having to put in a year in advance), plust possible safety issues...

I am glad I am not in their position right about now! No matter what you do, someone is going to be ticked off...

·
Banned
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, I'm not ticked at them, just at the fact I can't hunt because of all this water. They did do the right thing, Sunday, only about 5% of the place was accessable. It would have been very dangerous.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts