Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody got any input on Rainey break as far as deer hunting? I’m not looking for any gps coordinates, just looking for what to expect as far as deer sightings and pressure? I typically hunt white river and Sylamore but this would be a little closer to home for me.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I have a primary place to hunt (family land) close by in the hills but Rainey Brake and a private piece of land that borders
Rainey Brake has been my secondary place to hunt for years. The Deer herd is not what it was 20 years ago, & it for sure isn't overhunted. thou no one knows why, but there is still a decent herd.
For sure as you would expect in the bottoms, there are good Bucks in there despite the fact only a handful are harvested in a year.
NEVER forget your ThermaCell unless it's REALLY cold!
Good luck!

·
Registered
20,750 Posts
I think RB is like any other piece of public ground, the deer start feeling the pressure of scouting and hunting in Sept and Oct and they shift movement to night. I wouldn't personally look at anything walking in. I would look at boating in and possibly getting in a back slough funnel to catch a mature buck slipping deeper in and wouldn't do that until Oct 31st. Only problem is RB is not White River so those options are limited. Another option is persimmon clusters hunting in late evening. One can get lucky there, depending on what you're after.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Rb has lots good places to hunt deer and hogs just have to put the boots to the ground and scout don’t be afraid to hunt the flooded timber soon plenty of nice bucks when ducking hunt in the flooded timber

1 - 15 of 15 Posts