Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
622 Posts
dove fields

well i live in the fields and ive saw ducks on my way home from work. its all underwater. the farmers should have gotten there corn harvested before it rained.. but dove fields are under water... dont look good?sun is gona shine sat./ sun though....good luck and be safe....

·
Registered
383 Posts
last year we hunted over a freshly tilled up field and hammered them there were 20 of us and we all left the field BY 8:00 am did the same on sun and monday took us longer on monday though. nI think they wanted in there to dust off NO DUSTNG THIS year every where is a mudd hole we are hunting near some cut milo that they then went back and bush hoged the stubble but went by last night and looked like a resivior I think all the wate grain floated away looks to be pretty slow good luck to all.

·
Registered
8,488 Posts
It's not looking good
And as it turn out it is going to be worst than anyone thought! Lots of crops underwater this morning just from the run off & it looks like you can write off all the crops in the White & Cache River bottoms and anything affected by it. I just looked at the river forcast and they have the level at Clarendon Tuesday at over 25 feet and showed it still rising as far as the forcast went. With all of the rain they got north of us, the lake still not in the best of shape and them still turning water out of the dams and it all still yet to come, I would not be suprised if we see a make over of what we had in the spring!

MM, how is it looking up your way, if I need to ask?

·
Registered
105 Posts
With all of the rain they got north of us, the lake still not in the best of shape and them still turning water out of the dams and it all still yet to come, I would not be suprised if we see a make over of what we had in the spring!

they've shut the dams off, we're holding it right now. soon as ya'lls water goes down a little we'll send you some more,

gonna be a little different fishin dead low water tomorrow.

·
Registered
885 Posts
4hunting as for the crops we did good overall up this way. Most got between 2-4" with not enough wind to blow much rice down. We was looking pretty good until I rechecked the River Forecast at around 8:30 this morning.:eek: White at Augusta is going to 32.5 by Monday...that completely covers the bottoms from Newport to Georgetown...that is A lot of lost crops that is no where close to harvest & most likely a goner. :frown:

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I've seen a bigger concentration of doves around the house today, then I have ever seen since we moved in in Feb. So I don't think the storms scare them away. Too bad I live in city limits. With neighbors all with 150 feet of my front door. :banghead:

·
Registered
383 Posts
4hunting as for the crops we did good overall up this way. Most got between 2-4" with not enough wind to blow much rice down. We was looking pretty good until I rechecked the River Forecast at around 8:30 this morning.:eek: White at Augusta is going to 32.5 by Monday...that completely covers the bottoms from Newport to Georgetown...that is A lot of lost crops that is no where close to harvest & most likely a goner. :frown:
if the water goes down and all the rice is ruined then will it be left for the DUCKS??? good and bad I guess good if you have a field leases there bad if you do not

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I've seen a bigger concentration of doves around the house today, then I have ever seen since we moved in in Feb. So I don't think the storms scare them away. Too bad I live in city limits. With neighbors all with 150 feet of my front door. :banghead:
I got several bird feeders and I have a limit of doves every day walking a couple of feet from my back door. These are city doves so they are safe and extremely fat and sassy :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.