Rain Dance.

Discussion in 'Quality Deer Management' started by Lt Gibson, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Lt Gibson

Lt Gibson Well-Known Member

Need one here in Chicot County. Finally have everything planted.

2. Lt Gibson

Got my rain today.
    [​IMG]

Makintrax and SwampCat like this.
  3. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member

Still havent had a rain here since end of august. I did plant two food plots today. I have to get started with my llittle tractor because my new JD has been down for a month with no relief in sight. Got a 65 hp jd and 84" woods seeder and out there planting clover with a hand seeder. Pretty frustrating. I planted two plots today and the dirt is like concrete. The little jd 790 is going to get a workout.

4. matt_jones105

matt_jones105 Well-Known Member

What’s wrong with your tractor?

5. SwampCat

A crimped fitting on a hydraulic hose that serves the power steering came uncrimped. Cant steer it. That was the 22 of September. JD figured out there was a fault in the manufacturing of this part and have taken all parts back - so none are available while they correct the manufacturing problem. The local dealer claims they have found no one that can make it. Never heard of a hydraulic hose that couldnt be made.

6. matt_jones105

I deal with the idiots at John Deere all the time and they say stuff like that just so you’ll buy their high dollar hoses. I’m sure you can look hard enough and find what you need. Is it a rubber hose or a metal one?

7. matt_jones105

And I don’t know how many JD stores you have locally but I have found from one store to the next you’ll have more helpful people at different stores.

8. SwampCat

Metal on both ends with about 45 degree bends on both ends. Both metal ends go into a rubber sheathed metal flex line - with a metal crimped fitting in the middle with a 45 degree bend. Middle crimped fitting is what gave way.

9. matt_jones105

That sounds like something dumb they would make. I still think you could get someone to make one somewhere though. I had a tractor that a brake line blew under the cab and they told me I had to take the cab off to get to it but I fooled with it until we got it off. It was a metal line the whole way but I replaced it with a rubber line and it works fine. You could probably get by without the piece in the middle

10. thompson

thompson Well-Known Member

I can't even picture that in my head. I bet CAT in Eldorado can make ya one though.

11. Lt Gibson

Which store you deal with?

12. matt_jones105

Lake village. The boys in the front are fine. It’s the mechanics that can be a jack @$$ about the most simple things. The guys over at Portland are way more help