Arkansas Hunting banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Is this what you saw? It's from the April 2015 minutes. If somebody has a plat book for White county they could maybe figure out which adjoining land this is. You could also call the AGFC in Brinkley and check with them. Raft Creek is managed out of that office I think.

The AGFC has been working with a private landowner to acquire 959 acres adjacent to the Steve N. Wilson Raft Creek Bottoms WMA. North American Wetlands Conservation Act grant funds, in two phases, will be used for acquisition. Phase I funding for $1 million has been approved and Phase H funding for $836,000 has been submitted for approval. Waterfowl Program Coordinator Luke Naylor asked that approval be given for Director Knoedl to enter into a purchase agreement with the landowner pending successful due diligence and availability of NAWCA and state funds. Commissioner Fred Brown made a motion to approve and Commissioner Steve Cook seconded. The Committee vote was unanimous and was received a do-pass to the full Commission for approval.

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
There is a slug of land sale transactions listed in the Des Arc papers Courthouse news this week involving the Miller land and in none of them is the G&F listed as the buyer. The buyers of record listed are CPFP LLC. and then transferred to Fowler's Duck Club LLC. From the land calls listed it adds up to about the acreage listed above.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes Keith that's all I've found. I also saw another snippet saying the seller was part of cypert farms. Haven't seen anything about the approval for phase II. Its also my understanding that the majority of the monies for this is federal.

·
Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
365 Posts
Guy I know is a biologist out there. He said they were buying around a thousand acres but that was back in March when he said that

·
Registered
109 Posts
Bob owns give or take 3500 acres and no I don't believe he is selling any of his land to G&F. They are building a new lodge over there and have a few private parties that have bought in. Not sure what land G&F are acquiring but I'll def be finding out!

·
Registered
31,147 Posts
Bob owns give or take 3500 acres and no I don't believe he is selling any of his land to G&F. They are building a new lodge over there and have a few private parties that have bought in. Not sure what land G&F are acquiring but I'll def be finding out!
Gotcha. I knew I had heard there were some other people involved in it now, including a pro golfer, so I was surprised that he might be selling some land.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's not Miller's land the agfc are buying. Out of their price range. The area I speak of, as I understand it, is not adjacent to raft. I think its closer to the river. My buddy talked to a guy who works out there, may or may not be a biologist, but he said it was something slough or bayou. Also stated they intended to use it for pumping water to the main area since the Argentinean won't let them use those pumps anymore. Being sold by somebody Cypert. Can't remember their first names. John and Deanna maybe? Seemingly can't remember a lot these days...

·
Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
365 Posts
thats what i was told. they were buying land that bordered the white river and were going to pump water from the river onto the wma to keep it flooded.

·
Registered
372 Posts
That's interesting. A buddy of mine is Mr. Wood's grandson. We hunted the Wood Plantation the year before they sold it. Anyway, AGFC used to pay them (or John Cypert, can't remember) about $30,000 per year to pump water into the slough that runs through the middle of the Wood Plantation and feeds into Raft. Guess that's not enough money for them OOCER boys...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.