Quiver for Hoyt Avenger

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by AF2007, Dec 11, 2012.

1. AF2007

AF2007 Well-Known Member

So, I bought the bow. The guy that owned it only used it for target shooting. The thing is spotless!

He never used an attached quiver. What would you suggest for quivers that are compatible with Hoyt's. I would like something cheap just to get the job done.

Thanks to all

2. Nuge Fan

Nuge Fan Well-Known Member

You plan on shooting with it on or off? Kwikee quivers are cheap universal solutions.

3. DODGEMAN

DODGEMAN Well-Known Member

If you plan to leave it on all the time I would suggest a two piece quiver. I leave mine on all the time and the two piece one works better for me that way.

Trophy ridge makes some great quivers.

I also depends on the broadhead you plan to use, if you're using mechanicals then I like the ones with the dual arrow grippers.

4. AF2007

AF2007 Well-Known Member

Probably will shoot with it off. Honestly I am pretty green when it comes to compounds. This one is my first and I've hunted with crossbows for the last several years. What do you guys suggest? I guess it has alot to do with balance, etc.

To be honest I don't even really know how to go about mounting one on the bow. I'm sure I could figure it out pretty easily but if you guys have tips or pictures of how and where you've mounted yours that would help!

5. Hill Farm Hunter

Hill Farm Hunter Well-Known Member

I've had/have some high dollar bows and accessories but I've always been pleased with the Kwickee quivers. Only time I use it is walking to and from a stand, once I'm settled in it comes off the bow. You can spend a lot more, but for stand hunting there is really no need to.

Two screws mount the bracket to your bow, quiver slides into bracket. I have an extra bracket on a screw for mounting on the tree, and another screwed to the inside of my bow case.