Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>High On The Hog O
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry this video is no longer available:confused:
I don't know John, it shows up when I click on the link. You can just go to youtube.com and type in golf buck and it is the second video that comes up. He's just using the 4-wheeler to peel the skin off the deer. I've heard of the method before, cutting down the neck and putting a golfball under the skin between the shoulder blades, tying it off around the ball and skin and pulling it off with a truck, 4-wheeler, etc. I'd just never seen it done. I'll stick to the old-fashioned way too, but it is pretty neat when it works right!:wink::biggrin:

·
Select Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner<br>2015
3,267 Posts
It works great. Use to do this way at a lease I use to be in back in Miss. few years ago.
Only thing better have a strong rope and whatever it is hanging on needs to be very solid so you don't pull in down Could pull up to a skinning rack and have the deer skinned, gutted and cut in half, and hanging in a cooler within 15 mins of starting.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,582 Posts
I don't know.....I can hang, draw, and quarter a deer in 15 to 20 minutes and tell the whole story about how I killed it....I'm usually in the house cutting meat another 20 minutes later, and there's grease gettin hot....I just don't think I'm ready for change....does that mean I'm not an obummer?:head:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Saw some guys try this method once. May be it was the "white lightin" may be it was their IQ, but they pulled the tree the deer was tied in right on top of their camp house. It was the funniest thing you had ever seen. Deer on ground (still unskinned) and tree laying on top of their little camp house.

·
Registered
605 Posts
do it right and you dont need any technique other than cut it and pull it by hand. I saw my uncle do one with the golf ball back when I was younger and was pulling with his 4 wheeler. I dont remember if the rope broke or the ball slipped out but he ran straight into the middle of a wood pile.:smack: I thought it was funny either way it was preventable but funny.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.