Quick Romy-g Parts Ak build Question

Discussion in 'Guns, Ammunition, and Reloading' started by Doug Hodges, Dec 9, 2012.

1. I havent seen it but a guy just priced this gun for $300 to me. Says the finish is jacked up and it jams semi regularly. (NO PICS) Ive seen the prices on these guns. Is that a deal?

2. paxcolt

paxcolt Well-Known Member

Conway
    An AK that jams?????? Get him to send you some pics, especially the bore & crown of the muzzle. If those look good to go, who cares about the finish? AK's are kinda homely anyway. If you have the spare $300 laying around, I say buy it. You may luck out and the jamming be from something as simple as a bad magazine. At worst, you'll have a fun project to play with/figure out.

3. Adog

Adog Well-Known Member

X2
    If the barrel looks good, get it. Even if the receiver need to be replaced, you will still come out good. You can always dura-coat to pretty it up.

4. truck24hr

truck24hr Super Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

Alma
    Receiver will run 50-100 bucks, plus labor to replace. Most likely the trunions are not in correctly. Might be some other problem, but I would steer clear of a home build thats jamming..

5. truck24hr

truck24hr Super Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

Alma
    Also, If it was imported recently, the barrel might have been new. If so, the barrel would not be chrome lined, and pin location may have been machined incorrectly.