Questions about lifetime license

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by keyman157, Dec 3, 2012.

  1. keyman157

    keyman157 Well-Known Member

    My step son turns 16 in May. I am considering buying him a lifetime license (fishing and hunting) for his birthday. My questions. What all does the lifetime license include? Will it cover duck stamps, permits for permit hunts, and all things related to hunting? Will it be replaced if lost? He is very much into hunting, fishing, trapping, and just about anything to do with the outdoors, so I think it's a pretty good deal for him. He has been with me since he was 6 months old, and I couldn't ask for a better hunting and fishing buddy. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Mr. Chitlin

    Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

    NE Ark
    It's my understanding that it covers everything except the Federal Suck stamp. All Arkansas licneses and permits are covered from what I understand.

    Someone else will chime in and either support me or correct me. :biggrin:

  3. jublain

    jublain Well-Known Member

    Nonexpiring Lifetime Resident Hunting and Fishing Sportsman’s Permit ($1,000)
    Entitles purchasers of any age to the privileges of the Resident Sportsman’s License (hunting) and the Resident Fisheries Conservation License (fishing). Fees for trout permits, leased lands permits, alligator permits, elk permits, state waterfowl stamps and wildlife management area permit hunts are waived with this license. License holders must apply, however, for WMA hunts, be successfully drawn and return notification of acceptance before being issued a permit. HIP registration is required to hunt migratory game birds. To hunt waterfowl, federal waterfowl stamps are required in addition to HIP.

    This permit is available only from the AGFC Little Rock Office. Bring proof of identification and residency, in the form of an Arkansas driver’s license or state I.D. card. Applications are available at AGFC regional offices or by calling (800) 364-4263 or (501) 223-6388 in the Little Rock area. Proof of 60 days Arkansas residency is required to apply for this license.
  4. keyman157

    keyman157 Well-Known Member

    Thanks for the replies. I figured he would have to purchase the duck stamps, but wasn't sure. Totally forgot about the HIP card. Thanks once again.
  5. gunslinger66

    gunslinger66 Account Suspended

    Best present you could ever get your son, I am planning on doing the same thing when my boy is old enough.
  6. WILDMAN44

    WILDMAN44 Well-Known Member

    Just doesn't include a federal stamp. Best gift I've ever received.
  7. dakota12

    dakota12 Well-Known Member

    The license will pay for itself pretty quick if he moves out of state and wants to hunt in Arkansas in the future. It covers all hunting and fishing except federal duck stamp and you get a calender and the magazine. My brother didn't get one before he moved and pays several hundred dollars a year to come back and hunt for a couple weeks every year.
  8. Killa

    Killa Well-Known Member

    X2. It was an awesome gift!
  9. thomasw_lrd

    thomasw_lrd Well-Known Member

    For a 16 year old who loves to hunt and fish. That's the best idea ever. I'll have to the same for my kids.
  10. Razorback123

    Razorback123 Super Member<br>The Original BBDH

    I was given a lifetime liscene when i was 16 by my grandmother (only 19) now, and it is by far the best thing that i have ever received for my birthday. State duck stamps are mailed to you every year and since you have a lifetime you dont have to carry them with you. So im gonna start collecting them. It also helps you get draw for WMA permits for hunting seasons like MG, and ML because you are among the first to get drawn. Also since you have a lifetime liscene you dont have to pay the leased land fee which can get expensive sometimes.
  11. Razorback123

    Razorback123 Super Member<br>The Original BBDH

    Oh, and if you lose it all you gotta do is go to the Game and Fish office in LR and show a ID and they will give you 2 new ones for 10 dollars i believe. Cause thats how much it was to replace when i lost my wallet.
  12. arkrem870

    arkrem870 Well-Known Member

    I've had one for nine years. Would be a very very nice gift
  13. WillyB71

    WillyB71 Well-Known Member

    It covers everything the state sells except commercial licenses, and nothing Federal.
  14. quackpipe08

    quackpipe08 Well-Known Member

    I just purchased one last week before I have to swap my residency over to LA. Does anybody have any idea how long it takes to get it in the mail?
  15. Earnhardt fan #1

    Earnhardt fan #1 Premium Member<br>2012 Turkey Hunting Contest Winn

    I got mine same day
    Only thing a LSP holder has to buy is federal duck stamp