Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner<br>2
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our camp received 30 bonus doe tags this season. I have never studied up on this so I was wondering...

Do you have to fill your two regular doe tags before using the bonus tags?

Is there a limit on how many extra doe tags one person can use?

The paperwork I got says,"A camp permit must be in the hunter's possession while attempting to take a doe or management buck."

Does this mean just the tag or a copy of the letter they sent?

Like I said our camp has never dealt with this before so any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. :up:

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
with ours we can use them however we see fit (under the legal methods allowed at that time). No preq's on which deer you use it on and as far as I know one person could use all 30. I know you have to have the tag with you when you pull the trigger because it has to be tagged immediately as with a normal tag.

May want to verify that with Deltic, but thats what we do with dmap and the same tags

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,584 Posts
I presume the extra tagged does will be checked at your camp as opposed to one of the many the check stations around the state...in that case, your camp tag should suffice for the transporting the deer, I would think. That is, if the extra does aren't donated to a food bank or something!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
There is also no limit on how many bonus tags a hunter can take. One person could take all 30 deer.

Also your club IS a participant in the DMAP program. All the biological information you record is run through Deltic, but the AGFC is the one allowing the tags, and is the final stop for the information you record.

Deltic is a private landowner just like any other. They just happen to have biologists on staff to monitor their hunting data.

I would say it is also important to use the doe tags associated with your hunting license. If your club has lets say 10 members that means you have the opportunity to kill 42 doe deer.

You must keep the Bonus Doe Tag with the deer at all times. That means to and from camp or the processor. I will usually cut mine out of the ear and tape it to the cooler I am transporting the deer in.

·
Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner<br>2
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We never signed up for the DMAP program,so I guess Deltic signed us up. That's cool with me. The're always wantingto kill more doe, but when the people willing to do it are limited to only two tags it makes it tough. With the extra tags we will be able to accoplish this. :up: Again, I appreciate the input.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Just remember, don't fill out your license, just the checksheet at the camp and record all info for Deltic and AGFC. The tag must remain on the deer at all times. I'd suggest keeping it hand even after processing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.