Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any luck with picking up acorns from your house and taking them to your stand? Reason I ask is because I have some big ol acorns at the house and for some reason I cant find any at my stand. I'm guessing all the high winds knocked them down. :confused:

·
Premium Member
20,293 Posts
Has anyone had any luck with picking up acorns from your house and taking them to your stand? Reason I ask is because I have some big ol acorns at the house and for some reason I cant find any at my stand. I'm guessing all the high winds knocked them down. :confused:
..or, the deer are eating them????

·
Member<br>2008 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner<br>2
631 Posts
I pick up the white oak acorns from my back yard and dump them at my corn feeder. Alot of times the deer will come in and eat the acorns before they eat corn and rice bran. Its kinda like an all you can eat buffet.

BPShunter

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
It works. As lond as they are good and not started rotting it will be just like planting a big ol white oak at your deer stand. The deer don't seem to care that there isn't a tree there. I do this nearly every year that there is a good acorn crop. No money required just a little bending of the back.:biggrin:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I took a Wal-Mart sack of persimmons from my parent's yard and threw them in all directions from my stand before light a few weeks ago. I had 2 nice bucks come in before it was light and it kept them in the vicinity of my stand until shooting light. One of them busted me before I could get a shot though.:smack:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have done it in the past and it helps. Fortunately this year there are Very few acorns in the woods where I hunt and I have some1 I know that has Big Ol white oaks and said I could have all I wanted! So this Sat. along other things to do to get ready for opening week... I get to go rake up acorns. Cant wait for opening day!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.