Question

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by tator222, Dec 11, 2012.

1. tator222

tator222 Well-Known Member

This may be a dumb question but, the other day the old lady asked me about going hunting with me one morning. So question is does she need a license? I know she will not want to shoot, i think she just wants to go to see whats its all about, and as slow as its been lately she will prob just be playin on her phone and griping about being cold. We will be on privite land with only one gun in the blind and she does not have a hunters ed card, so would she need a license to be in the blind with me or not?

2. Jeremiahbrown

Jeremiahbrown Well-Known Member

If she isn't hunting she needs no license. But if you go on a refuge that has permits she will need a permit.

3. SCDuck

SCDuck Well-Known Member

SC
    No gun, no license req.

4. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

She won't need a license, but she CAN NOT touch any of your gear, none of the birds, etc...

5. :up:

6. Passthrough

Passthrough Account Suspended

Well that takes all the fun out of it:cool:

7. tator222

tator222 Well-Known Member

8. Wes Ramsey

Wes Ramsey Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago the AGFC started a new program where new hunters can buy/receive a special permit to deer hunt for 1 season without buying a license or going through hunter's ed. I don't remember the cost or if it included waterfowl or not, but might be worth looking into.

9. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Well-Known Member

I believe that was deferred hunters Ed program. They still have to buy a license but the hunters Ed part is deferred for one year.

10. bdgarne

bdgarne Well-Known Member

^^^ This is correct

11. BowHunter21

BowHunter21 Select Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

Sheridan
    my thoughts exactly...

12. bmccullough1

bmccullough1 Well-Known Member

I say a license would be way cheaper than a ticket. Why take a chance. Get the license and then she can touch any or all of your gear!! :whistle:

13. WILDMAN44

WILDMAN44 Well-Known Member

^^^He's got a point. :fit:

14. juleo

juleo Well-Known Member

Conway
    birds and gun are all that is off limits if you don't have a license. She can carry gear and such. I always wondered about if you were getting help dragging a deer, does every party involved with the dragging have to have a license?

15. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    ^^^^This.

16. They can go. But can't blow calls, carry decoys or help with game. Obviously not shoot.

17. justin.redwolves

justin.redwolves Active Member

You can set up a spread and call ducks without a gun while out of season, so you sure that's correct?