question for the young guys...

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by burkeju76, Dec 12, 2012.

1. burkeju76

burkeju76 Well-Known Member

Can somebody explain to me why folks put the monster energy drink logo on their trucks? I even saw a set of truck wheels today that had the logo made in the center of the wheel? I know the answer is 'because they can', but I dont know, I just dont get it..like, at all. This isnt meant to offend anybody that has it on there, just explain it to a 35 year old geezer haha.

2. Passthrough

Passthrough Account Suspended

It gets you through the secret back gate at Bayou Meto I think

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012

3. jg54

jg54 Well-Known Member

Cabot
    I'd consider myself a "young guy" and would love to know as well... Beats me!

4. quackpipe08

quackpipe08 Well-Known Member

Maybe they just really really like Monsters?? I have no clue. Always kind of thought it was a little weird too. Maybe I will get a Dr. Pepper logo and put it on my truck...think that could take off too??

5. chuckwagon

chuckwagon Well-Known Member

I just have a silly Arkansashunting.net sticker in mine.. lol..!

6. beltcutter

beltcutter Well-Known Member

Man, about as redneck as you can get! :thumb:

7. yep, me too
    I am a "young old guy" does that count. But yes I would LOVE to know.

8. BowHunter21

BowHunter21 Select Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

Sheridan
    I think them monster stickers looks pretty slick on dirt track cars... but they sure look silly on trucks!! Must have to be a bad :censored: to have one and understand it??? :head:

9. BowHunter21

BowHunter21 Select Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

Sheridan
    Go with Mtn. Dew instead... Due the Dew!

10. Huckleberry Pig

Huckleberry Pig Well-Known Member

I'm 24 so not exactly young but not old, but I think it is Monster trying to expand their brand. They are trying to become more than just an energy drink. Trying to almost represent the "Xtreme" (so to speak) lifestyle. I recently saw some Monster rims on a truck the other day as well, definitely caught my attention, which is what they are going for.

11. 4hunting

4hunting Well-Known Member

Must be one of the items included in the Master Hunter starter kit sold nowdays!!!!

12. burkeju76

burkeju76 Well-Known Member

i bet they certainly appreciate the free advertising...

13. Huckleberry Pig

Huckleberry Pig Well-Known Member

And the $$$ they get from the rims...

14. Alpha

Alpha Member On Double Secret Probation

x2!

15. Hope the monster drink folks don't depend on me to buy their slop. They're gonna have to punch more holes in their belts! LOVL.

16. tracytqrc

tracytqrc Well-Known Member

The question that I have that I consider more perplexing is; WHY, WHY is it that most of the people that you see buying these "ENERGY DRINKS" are fatter than a tub of country crock, wearing pajama pants (in the middle of the day, no less) an eyebrow ring, two lip rings and shuffling out the door of the "ezmart" in a pair of worn out slip-on shoes?

17. luckless

luckless Member Forum Sponsor 2011 Turkey Contest Winner

Well duh - its takes a lot of energy to look that good.

18. skip1411

skip1411 Well-Known Member

I would think that it represents the xtreme or adrenaline rush type lifestyle. I'm not going to lie, I did the same when I was younger. I rode motocross and used a skateboard to do my traveling before I could drive. Spitfire was the logo I used on my boards, helmets, bikes, etc...... Found an old notepad I carried around during highschool in my old stash box and it had a spitfire sticker on it.

That was all in the middle to late 90's. I have grown up since then. Can't skateboard near as good as I used too, found that out over the thanksgiving weekend when I was laying on my back looking at the big cutover in the sky. HAHAHA...

19. tmeredith

tmeredith Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord

jonesboro
    There's a dude in Jonesboro that's got his whole car painted like a Sprite can, and another dude has his painted like a bag of skittles. I mean they say Sprite and Skittles right on the car, just like a rolling billboard!

20. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

I need me a Folger's front license plate...That's my "energy drink".