Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running a 1436 alumaweld, with a 13hp honda gx 390. I can't get it to run over 6 - 7 mph and I have an 8 x 5 prop on it... You guys that run long tails, what size prop should I get to replace this one, and what speed should I expect with this setup?? I know no prop will make it a speed demon, but surely another prop will help me out... I was thinking maybe a 9 x 3? I don't have the money to go buy several and try them... So I really need to get it right on the first try.

·
Super Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner
3,133 Posts
A good prop guy will know what you need. Is there a prop shop close? If not, call Port City Prop in Fort Smith and ask him what would be best.

·
Registered
137 Posts
long tails are no speed demons.. a quick google search showed that most of the do it yourself kits come with a 8 or 8.5 prop . if your prop looks good I would think its a motor or more likely a boat issue . I have ran a go devil long tail 18 and 23 hp . I always made the boat as lite as possible . small gas cans, one battery, no extra junk in boat . At the best my 23 hp on a 1650 boat was 23 mph . and as far as any one in Texarkana carrying the props you need, good luck . you would be better off ordering one if that's the way you go ..

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's an old brass prop, looks like it's been to hell and back. I'll order a prop from go devil themselves, or maybe one of the Ron Hill props. This isn't a diy kit though, it's a go devil... I just swapped the motor out.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And no sir, I do not have a tachometer on it. But my prop is really narrow bladed compared to the newer go devil props... It may be the boat like jetfoot said, but there's no fixing that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.