Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the majority of does have twins and I have always been told and noticed from my experience that the majority of the time it is one doe and one buck fawn. Have always been led to believe it was this way as a natural herd balance. Where we hunt there seem to always be more bucks through here than does. Only about 150 acres.

That said, I have noticed this year that most of the fawns seem to be doe fawns. Just had two come by that were definitely doe and definitely from same mother. Does that possibly indicate an off balanced herd or just an anomoly?

·
Premium Member
29,735 Posts
Overall - buck fawns are born at a slightly higher rate Than doe fawns - consider yourself lucky if you think the fawns this year are weighted heavy towards the does. In the past two weekends, my son and I have seen 19 deer - one positively identified as a doe and 12 identified as bucks with six unknowns. Have not seen a fAwn.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Overall - buck fawns are born at a slightly higher rate Than doe fawns - consider yourself lucky if you think the fawns this year are weighted heavy towards the does. In the past two weekends, my son and I have seen 19 deer - one positively identified as a doe and 12 identified as bucks with six unknowns. Have not seen a fAwn.
Out of 5 fawns that we know were different deer, only one has been a button buck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.