Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on the Game and Fish website reading over the rule book this year that on the 3 day Christmas you will be able to harvest a doe without a permit so I was wondering if you get drawn for a doe permit and you fill it can you still harvest a doe during the Christmas hunt as well, my guess would logically be no but I was just wondering what ya'll think???

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
The answer to that question depends on what zone you are hunting. I assume you're talking about zones 2,3, and 6. The way I read it, the bag limit for those zones is one doe with a firearm. So if you take a doe using a zone doe quota permit, you're doe bag limit is full and you may not take a doe during the Christmas season.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
I think you still would because a doe permit is a prize. You won it you can use it anytime in a season.
Again, assuming we're talking about zones 2,3, and 6. If you haven't used your zone doe quota permit by the time the Christmas firearms season rolls around, you have no more use of it because a zone doe quota permit isn't required for the Christmas season and there are no more firearms seasons after that. That is, unless you've filled your doe bag limit with archery tackle. In which case you may not take a doe with a firearm during the Christmas season. The zone doe quota permit isn't a permit for an extra deer.

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
The way I read that, everyone is eligible to take a doe during the holiday hunt with a firearm, no permit required UNLESS you have already filled your permit doe tag during the regular modern gun season OR you have filled your season bag limit already, not an extra deer tag.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
I was thinking that you were allowed 2 does with firearms in zone 3, but I just double-checked and b2h is right - 1 doe with a gun. Period. I guess the only benefit of having a ZDQP in zone 3 (and others with the same regs) is you can take a doe anytime during gun season so you don't have to wait for the Christmas hunt.

·
Member<br>You Can't Change This Side
533 Posts
quota tags are not bonus, unless your club gets some of the Bonus Doe tags, and they are different, the club is given those from an AGFC biologist. If bag limit says 1 doe with gun, then 1 doe with a gun, either 1 during reg season, OR 1 during Christmas hunt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.